Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok you guys remember the other night when i pulled my friend out of the ditch? well a fence post went up through the lower control arm and into the fog light door breaking the light bulb and cracking the plastic. well that happened friday and its monday and now none of my fog lights (including the hella's) will come on. the dash light says they're on but they're not. what could be the problem? also my indicator lights for 4wd and 4lo dont come on anymore. they didnt come on at the badlands and they still dont. what could cause that? the car was definently in 4lo but the light wouldnt come on

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if youre getting power at that light. Most likely its shorted out and blew a fuse.

I guess you wired the hellas into the fogs?

stop calling it a car... getout.gif

Reaction score
i had problems getting the lights one so i had my guy at chrysler do it. i wanted the hellas to come on with the fogs. which fuse is for the fog lights?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be careful looking at fuses in the owners manual. The fuse diagram in my 2004 manual is all wrong. Ive got a list of fuses in my Jeep that I will look at later today and let you know which one is for the fogs.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, most of it does not match up on my 04:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont remember who it was but another member figured out what was going on with his 04 and found the correct list. I printed it off and keep it with the OM in my Jeep now.

Looks like fuse #19 is the front fogs on my Jeep.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My manual is also useless for my 2004, it's easier to just start pulling fuses and checking them.The person/s responsible for the handbook for this year need a good kicking.

Reaction score
ok well im out of town right now so i cant go check which is which. im pretty sure your right about the fuse though because the fog light bulb was hanging down and it did rain one of those days.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont remember who it was but another member figured out what was going on with his 04 and found the correct list. I printed it off and keep it with the OM in my Jeep now.

Thanks for posting that, that seems to be correct for mine.

Reaction score
i saw a silver lifted liberty being towed on the side of the highway i think in new york. it may have been pennsylvania

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owners manual is worthless for the fuse locations on my 04

Schwa? You sure you're looking at the manual for the KJ and not something else? Make sure the cover doesn't say "Toshiba" or some other thing.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Schwa? You sure you're looking at the manual for the KJ and not something else? Make sure the cover doesn't say "Toshiba" or some other thing.

You've never had to search for a fuse then. For example: owners manual shows fuse #1-front power outlet 20 amp. WRONG Its Fuse #3. They didnt even get the amp correct. #1 in my Jeep is the horn/power window relay fuse 15 amp

Reaction score
i suck at electrical stuff. ill be home on wednesday and ill see whats up with this thing. i cant stand driving my moms car anyway. do you know how hard it is to get college girls in a metallic sky blue pacifica?