Electric Window Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piriaka

Reaction score
South Hedland, Pilbara, Western Australia, Austral
Hi, the right hand side rear window up and dropped! Seems there is a regular prob with the mechanism!!!:wtf2:

I am onto a replacement mechanism but!! Seems like my fingers need to be like an ant eaters tongue to get in and remove the broken on and replace it with a renovated one.

Has anyone done this job? Any tips, advice, wisdom??

regards

Ray

Piriaka

Reaction score
South Hedland, Pilbara, Western Australia, Austral
Help, help, help!! and advice?? For some reason the connector that connects to the winder motor, won't come apart!! I have the orange tab out and no matter how much I push on the middle to release the male part of the connector, it just won't budge!!! Has anyone had this problem??

thanks

regards

Ray

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The regulator has to come out to fix it. It comes out pretty easy and the repair is cheap and easy. I think it took me 1/2 hour to do it.

Disconnect battery
Pull the panel off
Lock the window all the way up
Unplug wiring
Remove bolts holding regulator at top and bottom (2 top 3 bottom I believe)
Remove regulator (can be tricky but mine came out the largest opening towards the lock
There's 2 ways to put the part on. I chose to bend the end and then bend it back well (looks original you can't tell the piece was bent at all and much fast than the drill and screw method
Lube it up with silicon
Slip it back in the door
Attach wiring
Bolt the regulator back in
Use window switch to make sure it work properly
Run the hanger to the center of the door in a good spot to attach window
Slide window into hanger
Attach clip on the hanger to hold window in place
Check operation again
Put door panel on
Done

It's easy for anyone to do. Make sure you get a metal part. Plastic will just break again. The part I used was:

New Passengers Rear Power Window Regulator Repair Kit 02 06 Jeep Liberty | eBay

Very good quality and strong. Works great.

swmiller80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish I knew about this a few years ago. I had both the driver's window and rear drivers window assembly break. had to replace actuator and window glass because of the design flaw.