Electric locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sblanck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here replaced their electric locks?
Wife has two that are shot and making the wonderful goose sound.
Also anyone got the part number for it?

Thanks

Sean

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sound does a goose make thats like a power anything? Must have missed that day in kindergarten. :shrug:

I don't think google can help me. :freak3:

sblanck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard failed lock actuators many times and the typical noise is that of a goose. Actually you can tell most mechanics electric locks are making goos sound and they know exactly what is wrong. So since you cannot answer my question I am really unsure why you felt so important as to have even responded

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm told by the dealership that they are a VIN specific part number. I know for a fact that the solenoid and latch assembly are all put together in one piece, so there is not stand alone solenoid to buy and put in.

Most places were estimating $100 for the part and $300 for parts and labor per lock. The write ups I saw for a CJ looked very straight forward.

The write up for reference:
JeepsLimited.com - Lock Actuator Removal & Replacement (WJ)

Also, what sound does a goose make that's like a power anything? Never heard that noise before myself...

sblanck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I apologize for the not so obvious to you sarcasm... it was really just a commentary on your pissy attitude with the first commentator. Chill out a little bit on the internet hmm?

Latest posts

Members online