Eh, I broke the KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
the batteries are between 3500 and 5000mah capacity. The amp draw is 50a in bursts...IE wide open, which as much power as the
ThunderbirdJunkie has nitro junk, too, but he just recently got back into electrics.

The motor is a 3 phase brushless 4600 KV motor in this particular truck, and it apparently can pull 100a in bursts, the speed control is rated to handle 85a continuously.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rosin core? no way, 63/37 lead solder :D

TBJ, I had no idea that anybody but me knew what Eutectic solder is. No rosin, no acid core. Stuff is solid. Use a liquid flux and clean up afterwards with a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol. I took a two week micro-min repair course to work on multilayer boards. Spent eight hours a day soldering under a microscope.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
damn right pts, it's the ******** lung killin stuff. Only way to roll, and 100x cheaper than the silver core solder sold at the hobby shop.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn right pts, it's the ******** lung killin stuff. Only way to roll, and 100x cheaper than the silver core solder sold at the hobby shop.

Ehh good rosin core is better, i used to use that stuff too once upon a time.

Thats a cool RC truck, but it would be cooler if you had a KJ body on it instead, blue of course... LOL

Latest posts

Members online