EFS Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone here have any experience with EFS suspension?
I'm hoping to be in the market for a lift kit for Christmas and EFS was recommended to be by a local fitment centre. Both the fitment centre and the local forum suggest the quality is on par with OME.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40mm lift is near a 1.5 inch. Not sure if they mean the same way OME 1.5 is measured for comparison. They don't seem to have much for the KJ but there is a KK package.

I have no idea what a polyair part is as seen on KJ parts list and its seems to be their only part and may make the decision vs OME for you. If its a spacer...

No data on weight of coils springy-ness available on their website. I'm sure they know it if queried.

Gas and diesel KK lifts use the same coils which seems a little wonkey but i guess its not much different then everybody using 927 OME coils on Gas KJ without a lot of armor. I guess the lack of choice is the wonkey bit.

You also asked for experience, of which I have none past my lift. Happy hunting, just nice to see another vendor.

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cardhu
The agent said it would be a 40-50mm lift; with shocks, springs and all bushes. The springs are manufactured by Carrolls Suspension

They do have specific setups for petrol (pdf) and diesel (pdf) KJs.

95% of the reviews I've read on SA and Aus offroad forums have been very favourable, so I reckon I'll try 'em. They come with a 3yr 100 000km warranty

Last edited:

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, Ryan.
The company is pretty well established and has a pretty good rep...

so yeah... hopefully I get a good bonus and I'll be riding high this December :) Need to get those damn LED spots finished soon too

greywarden

Reaction score
Thanks Cardhu
The agent said it would be a 40-50mm lift; with shocks, springs and all bushes. The springs are manufactured by Jeep Suspension Parts

They do have specific setups for petrol (pdf) and diesel (pdf) KJs.

95% of the reviews I've read on SA and Aus offroad forums have been very favourable, so I reckon I'll try 'em. They come with a 3yr 100 000km warranty

that is what i noticed about it also. majority of the users of it are contented with the performance. so looks like it is worth buying. too bad my suspension is still great and doesn't need replacement yet.lol

Last edited:

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually went offroading yesterday with a friend who has EFS on his Suzuki Jimny. Damn, that's a capable little vehicle.
He was VERY happy with his system and heartily recommended it.

So yeah... like I said, if my Christmas bonus facilitates it, I'll have it installed and let you guys know how it goes :)

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I emailed them about the rear springs. A guy named John replied back to me and said the rear springs come in at a rate of 220 lbs/inch.

Can anyone say what the OME rears are? I was thinking they were more around 200 right? These sound like a better alternative if they are. I believe this is that little bit that's missing from the common OME setup in the rear.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a silly question, but how do you pick the setup for the Liberty? I clicked on the Jeep catalog and it lists Wrangler (no surprise there) and the Cherokee. This looks like an interesting option. I don't have the money for any lift right now so I have to wait anyway, may as well keep on looking!

Edit: I just clicked further and saw KJ Cherokee, I forgot that it's not the Liberty everywhere. I'm assuming this is the right place.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. not at all. Just around here in the Jeep world this is a Cherokee:

You must be registered for see images

And yes the hood is up more than not usually. :happy175:

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the XJ is a Cherokee here as well. I always figured the KJ was the new XJ...

A local 4x4 fitment centre quoted me R11800 ($1475), which is a bit more (approx $200) than Iron Man, but less that OME.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the XJ is a Cherokee here as well. I always figured the KJ was the new XJ...

A local 4x4 fitment centre quoted me R11800 ($1475), which is a bit more (approx $200) than Iron Man, but less that OME.

$1475? OME is around $750...And what is Iron man?

And thats for install also or just parts?

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1475? OME is around $750...And what is Iron man?

And thats for install also or just parts?
The $1475 was a full install

yeah, we get RIPPED down here. EVERYTHING costs more. OME would be closer to $3000 here :(
Iron Man are a suspensions manufaturer, also Australian: Ironman 4x4 Home

Any updates on the EFS suspension? Did anyone end up putting it in?

Unfortunately not. I ended up putting the money towards a new(er) dirt bike. It was a tough call, but it made more sense - I only really get to go off roading a few times a year, whereas I take my bike out in the dirt every few weeks.

I'll get the lift fitted ...one day