East meets West Liberty gathering. The serious stuff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day everybody,

Jennifer and I are starting to draught up letters of sponsorship from the various Four wheel drive parts and accessory companies that supply some parts and accessories for Jeep Liberty's.
We trying to get these 4X4 companies to get involved in this gathering to show that we do own real Jeeps and in the years to come that the KJ and KK are just as capable off road as the Jeep Cherokee XJ that was thought not to be a real Jeep when it first hit the retail market!
And that Liberty's are here to stay for the long run
!
Before doing so we would like to post them here for comments and suggestions from the fellow members.
Jennifer and I really want to make this East meets West Jeep Liberty trip to be
a memorable experience for everybody.

If anybody here has any suggestions or ideas for this trip, please feel free to post them here.

We are not quite ready to post or sponsorship letters yet, so please bare with us.

We (Jen and I) realize that we probably will not have a huge turn out of KJ's
and KK's this first time out, but no matter how many Liberty's show up it will
be a very good time for ever body who shows up!

Remember folks, this is our first time organizing anything like this.

We cannot promise anything or guaranty anything.

But we are sure that whoever shows at this gathering up will make this a memorable experience for everybody and that we will have allot of fun and
great times!

If anybody is interested in working with us to make this gathering better, please
feel to private message us anytime with your thoughts and ideas.

Jen and I will be posting tentative dates as to when we want this event to take place within the next 3-4 days.

We really want to be able to accommodate as many Jeep Liberty owners as possible for this gathering.

Cheers

Ry & Jen

ps: We are only posting this here on Jeep KJ Country.
The other Jeep Liberty forums have not shown too much interest in this gathering.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Where was the place in SoDak?

We could also do the Badlands in Indiana, but that'd be quite a hike for the far West people like you Ry.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Badlands in Indiana (IMO) is not worth traveling over half the country away to wheel.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It wasn't the sole reason he was here. It's something that was planned to do once he decided he would be in this area.

I think the SD Badlands and/or Black Hills areas would be a really great place to explore, and I'd definitely be up for that.

Last edited:

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all very much depends on where I will be next year (graduating from college this summer!) but if I'm a reasonable distance from it I know a few fun places to go in the Wyoming interior. Will have to see what my status is next summer.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Who all is seriously thinking of attending next years East meets West run?

Jen and I want a good idea as to how many people are going to attend this trip next year.
For those of you attending do you want to incorporate the Fourth of July Weekend?
We think that would be allot of fun to do!
But we also understand that folks have family traditions and other plans usually on that Holiday.
As we have not set a date yet, we are asking now to try and accomadate as many people as possible.

We want to set dates by the end of next week so Jen and I can start seriously planning this trip.

Thanks
Ryan & Jen

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I would prefer not to do a holiday weekend - traffic and crowds become crazier those weekends. That, and I'm usually one of those people with family plans.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
That's what I figured Jayme.
I'm sure there are other folks with 4th. Of July plans as well.
That's why we're asking now so we can make sure we can get as many people as possible to come along!
Like I said, we want to finalize a date so we can start some real planning.
We've got to look at reservations for camping, hotels, etc. for members and seeing that Jen and I are the people planning this trip we don't want to get hosed with reservation fees and stuff like that!
Otherwise I might have to go Postal!

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
So that it's said (but not so you're planning around me), the first full week of June I'm out.
I promised the BABE Rally with Aaron. Any time after that, we should be able to do it.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya South Dakota Badlands and Black Hills are what we're interested in seeing and exploring.

Lots to see and do in a 50 mile radius from Mt. Rushmore. We're planning to be there...thanks for putting this together. I'll dig out our Badlands stuff for ideas.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Set dates for next years trip to Mt. Rushmore.

Jennifer and I have decided on these dates to be in the Mount Rushmore area
in June of 2013.
Sunday June 9 th. to Saturday June 15 th. 2013
That gives us a full week to explore Mount Rushmore, The Badlands, and
The Black Hills area..
We are taking four weeks total vacation time.
That way we can take a leisurely 8 days to make our way to Mt. Rushmore.
And then try and get lost for a couple of weeks on the way back home!

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That'll be iffy for us, due to the rally being the week prior. We'll know more probably next spring.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Those dates seem ok for me...not that I'd stay for the week, but if you went wheeling on the Sunday or Saturday I might be able to make it. Especially the Saturday one.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll put the dates on my calendar. Hopefully I can make it, but everything is up in the air right now.
We'll see where I'm at next spring

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Jen and I are very flexible.
We can change the dates somewhat so we can get as many folks together as possible.
Jen's and executive assistant and can get whatever time off.
I'm retired so it don't matter to me.
At the end of the day the whole idea of this trip is to get together with as many KJ owners as possible on this and other Jeep Liberty forums!
This is why we are asking for input from fellow KJ owners to make this work and make it a memorable trip/outing.

Either way Jen and I are taking a month long vacation through the United States.
We are probably the only Canadians going to attend and we want to have a great time with our Southern U.S. Jeep Liberty owners...

Work with Jen and Me here folks!

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
I don't want to contact 4X4 vendors for prizes and giveaways if the end result is only going to be a half dozen Jeep Liberty owners showing up for a trip that is going to be a little under a year of planning!

Perhaps Ry' and I should implement a registration system/fee to make this more serious?

I don't know!
We have never organized an outing with great expectations like I/we have...
I see organized trips/outings planned over on LOST with great turn out.
We want to make this a memorable experience for everybody attending!
Like I mentioned, we are the only Canadians who are going to attend.
We have not had one inquiry from any other Canadians who are members here or from the other Canadian Jeep sites we have posted on.
Pretty sad really!

Either way Ry' and I are taking a whole month off to do this trip.
We would really like to see this turn out great and hopefully make this an annual
get together.

Cheers
Jen & Ry'