e-code headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeRecruit84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was curious if it's possible to get a set of headlights off a euro spec liberty (cherokee) and mount them? I know they use H4 bulbs so that's the only issue. I was thinking of getting a set and installing some HID bulbs since euro spec lights aim the light pattern down and out not up and away.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was curious if it's possible to get a set of headlights off a euro spec liberty (cherokee) and mount them? I know they use H4 bulbs so that's the only issue. I was thinking of getting a set and installing some HID bulbs since euro spec lights aim the light pattern down and out not up and away.

I know that my Euro spec 2002 CRD here in SA also came out standard with little motors on the headlamp assembly so that you could adjust the beam height from inside the cabin....nice to have if you are loaded up so you do not blind oncoming drivers.

My RHD drive actually had a poor spread of the beam....aiming up to the left to shine on pedestrians on the sidewalk while the beam on the road angled down at about a 30 degree angle to the right...much too much angle.:icon_frown:

The housing is plastic so with the aid of a soldering iron I melted the bulb housing to rotate the bulb so as to reduce this angle to about 10 degrees which with decent H4 Hella Nightbreaker bulbs at long last gives me some reasonable lighting on the road.

RenegadeRecruit84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying the light spread isn't good? I wasn't going to hook up the motors cause I don't have the euro spec wiring loom for them. But I was able to find a 9007 -> H4 adapter so it would be plug and play. I was going to manually adjust them according to where I want them as well.