E-Brake Light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 04' with OME springs927/948 with Rancho 9000xl shocks and just recently put on a set of JBA sway bar disconnects and started wheeling places that I have never really tried to go before. The problem is when the rear of my KJ flexes around near its limit the E-Brake light comes on, and sometimes stays on for a few miles. Has anyone else had this happen and is there a easy fix? Also on the brake topic Do I have to or should I extend the Hydraulic Brake lines?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I haven't got the pictures to prove it yet but it will Flex way further with the front end free of the Sway Bar..... The Rain killed my pictures the last 3 times... Maybe tomorrow.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a new one for the books.

I have to guess that because you're maxing out your suspension's travel that you're pulling on the e-brake cable to the rear axle likely slightly engaging the e-brake and turning on the light. You need to check the e-brake cable and see if it's getting hung up on something at full rear suspension drop.

The other solution is to adjust the electrical switch beneath the e-brake handle between the seats so it isn't so sensitive.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake light may also come on as an advisory that there is something wrong with the braking system. A couple of my old Dodges did it when I had a master cylinder that had leaky piston seals, and another that had the light come on when the brake fluid was really low and there was NO pressure when I jabbed the brake pedal.

I would suggest that you extend the mount for the rear brake line.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Fluid probably drops below the sensor when you flex it out because of angles.

Check your brakes; make sure they're not worn, which will cause your fluid level to drop

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resi is full and it has all new Ceramic pads. Maybe time to replace the rotors. I'll check around the master cylinder to check for any possible leaks. Maybe at that angle it tells itself that there is not enough fluid.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resi is full and it has all new Ceramic pads. Maybe time to replace the rotors. I'll check around the master cylinder to check for any possible leaks. Maybe at that angle it tells itself that there is not enough fluid.

I dunno, man. You can't be the only guy with a liberty who's been able to take it to extreme angles. Wonder if you might just have a bad sensor.

Throwing any codes?

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Codes.... and it's not the switch because my running lights stay on when the light is on. I'm starting to think I have a sticky Caliper tho.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Codes.... and it's not the switch because my running lights stay on when the light is on. I'm starting to think I have a sticky Caliper tho.

Been a couple of those goin' round lately. :D :D :D

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i agree with the others..

flex is pullling your cable tight,
angle is triggering your reservoir sensor.

of course check your rotors and such.. but if it only happens at extreme angles thats what it is.