dumping the daystar need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilmonkey

Reaction score
So the other day when I was having a terrible time with my suspension I realized just how much my springs have sagged. Im sure the winch has not helped but I think its time for heavy duty springs. I think Im going to go with the ome790 springs for the front since I have the winch and the brushguard, and then probably go with 3/8 spacers and if need be then the clevis lift. With that set up in the front how much of a lift should I have in the front without the clevis lift? For the rear Im going to do the OME948 rear springs and after that Im not sure. what do you use in the rear besides the springs to get between 21/2" and 3" lift? If you have pics of your set up I would like to compare or just opinions would be good to. Here is a pic of the setup I have with the daystar

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anywhere between 2.5" and 3" is about right. It depends on how bad your current springs are.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Your winch is the only really heavy item you have on the front, those bars weigh next to nothing really compared to say a ARB.
Some over on LOST have done the 790s when they have a winch and aftermarket bumper with good results.
I have had the ARB ( which would weigh closer to your winch) on for over 97,000 miles now with the 927s and they are now starting to sag some. there are some pictures of mine in the PIC section. So depends on how you like the ride but I think the 927s would do a great job for you.

Do you keep the winch up there like that all of the time? Really low! I'd drag that thing offouttahere.gif ;)

Oh yes, measure between the middle of the wheel and the bottom of the flare and let me know where you are sitting now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.