drove my pops kk for the first time today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hes had it for 2 weeks already and he let me drive it today. i dunno if its just me that im so used to my kj but the drivers seat in the kk is really uncomfortable and the steering feels a lil stiff. but the sirus satellite radio is awesome. so thats a plus

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont like the KK after having a KJ, I love resting my arm on the window, but it seems like the kk interior is just a little wider, making it that much more uncomfortable

Moab

Reaction score
I haven't driven a KK yet but I did notice that with the KJ I didn't like nosing down in the front. So I lifted the front end to level it out more even after the lift. Feels better to me inside and looks better outside.
Coming from years behind the wheel of 2 Wranglers it was an ajustment but I really like the KJ.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be the only one that likes the KK over the KJ. :D

I think that the interior in the KK is very comfortable. I'm not saying that it's better than the KJ's, but it's just as comfortable.

As for the exterior, I like the KK hands down. Stock KJ's look pretty ugly to me. When they are modded they look a lot better. The KK exterior just looks cool I think.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about the KK is the electronic 4wd shifting mechanism.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
To Boxy for me!!

ThunderbirdJunkie likes boxy.
Give him a Volvo 240 or 760 :D
Oh come on......the KK just screams aerodynamic!!!:D:D:D

Wouldn't be surprised if the KK was more aerodynamic than the KJ.

ANYWAY...ThunderbirdJunkie's thoughts...

KK's got more wiggle room inside for ThunderbirdJunkie's fat ass, and the window switches are more intuitive for OTHER PEOPLE, and the steering is no "stiffer" or "more responsive" than a similarly aged KJ's. It's got more cubbyholes to stuff crap, which has been ThunderbirdJunkie's only major gripe with the KJ.

They're both good looking vehicles, but the limited supply of KKs with sticks makes ThunderbirdJunkie wonder if he'll ever have one.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about the KK is the electronic 4wd shifting mechanism.

They actually explained their logic with this in a Chrysler class I attended in regards to 4WD systems. Every new 4WD product, with exception of the JK, has electronic shift.

Chrysler stated that if you give people a lever to pull, somebody will inevitably pull it at the wrong time and break something.

The 4WD electronic shift uses logic and will not shift if the proper shift conditions aren't met. I could care either way. They both work. The electronic is easier IMO. Just move a switch to the desired range and go.:D

Moab

Reaction score
I must be the only one that likes the KK over the KJ. :D

I think that the interior in the KK is very comfortable. I'm not saying that it's better than the KJ's, but it's just as comfortable.

As for the exterior, I like the KK hands down. Stock KJ's look pretty ugly to me. When they are modded they look a lot better. The KK exterior just looks cool I think.

KJ's -The front ends look too low stock to me...But once you get them up the KJ takes on a whole new look. I love it.
You must be registered for see images attach

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The 4WD electronic shift uses logic and will not shift if the proper shift conditions aren't met. I could care either way. They both work. The electronic is easier IMO. Just move a switch to the desired range and go.:D

Hi,
Now all we need is a way to lock it FULL TIME in 4wd Hi:cool: Sometimes on our hi country roads with the rough corrugations:eek: we need that option.
Anyone? Must be a way of fooling it as it is when LO is engaged?sad2.gif