drove a 2011 tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I have both a 05 and 2010...both have good and bad. All in all I prefer the 05 alot more. I miss the part-time 4 wheel drive ALOT, and I hate that stupid traction control. For crusing the strip or a long hiway drive i will drive the 2010 but when the snow flies or I'm going into the bush (even a gravel road) I will take the 05 hands down. But I really do like the tailgate on the 2010:)

Does your 2010 have Selec-Trac? After driving both the '05 Renegade and '10 Renegade, I prefer the '10. One reason because it's mine (the other belongs to my sister), and the seats. The gauges are also MUCH easier to read. I like the wheels on the '05 better. Unlike others however, I like the thinner steering wheel on the '05. But the steering feel is better on the '10.

I hate and love the traction control. Love it when I do something stupid and need it (like a few days ago when I took on a snow drift, it shifted power to the wheels that needed it), hate it when I'm doing something stupid and don't want it. ;) lol3.gif

tibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just have the command trac...should have gone with the selc trac! The 10 is actually mine and the 05 is the wifes...but I drive hers all the time and she drives mine.
That traction control has got me stuck more often then its helped. Like you say, it does help once and awhile, I just wish there was a way to shut it down completly when you dont want it. The button only shuts it down alittle. when you have no traction on all four tires it gets confused and thats when you need to spin a bit!
I agree with you on the gauges to, way better.