Driving Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
I was thinking of installing a pair of driving lights on my front bumper, right infront of the grill, (Bennett's Jeep has a set). Has any one done this them self.. could I just drill and attach them to the bumper?

What brands of lights do people recomend:
KC
Piaa..?

Let me know.
Thanks

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He wants to put them ON the bumper I believe. Im not sure how you do this. Idk if the bumper must come off or not.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
Yes I would like to actually attach them to my bumper. I figure this will eliminate any squeaking and movement which was a complaint in the mounting method in the above 'how to' thread.

Also in a crash I don't really care if they go through my radiator. If I am in a crash of that manitude something going through my radiator will be the least of my worries.

EugeneTheJeep

Reaction score
I just added a set of hella 500 driving lights to my bumper last weekend and I found I had to cut the bumper were I wanted to mount the lights, if you just mount them to the bumper when you tighten the lights down you will just squish the bumper cover and create dimples were the mounts are. Having said that what I did was used the dementions someone had linked 3.5" from the side and 1" from the grill, then drilled a hole thru the bumper cover and bumper, centered the light mount over the hole then traced it with a sharpie, cut the bumper with a razor mounted lights and proceded with install per-instructions !!

If it get a chance I will snap a few pix later.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EugeneTheJeep said:
I just added a set of hella 500 driving lights to my bumper last weekend and I found I had to cut the bumper were I wanted to mount the lights, if you just mount them to the bumper when you tighten the lights down you will just squish the bumper cover and create dimples were the mounts are. Having said that what I did was used the dementions someone had linked 3.5" from the side and 1" from the grill, then drilled a hole thru the bumper cover and bumper, centered the light mount over the hole then traced it with a sharpie, cut the bumper with a razor mounted lights and proceded with install per-instructions !!

If you could of gotten some washers in there to hold up the bumper you wouldnt of needed to cut it up. Idk if you could of gotten any in there though.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you added some flat washers under the mounting brackets it would have worked without having to cut. As for the dimensions, I would suggest coming out about 1 1/4" from the grille; I'm the one who posted the pictures with dimensions and I found that the extra room would have given me more room to angle the lights up (they were hitting the grille). What I finally did was add two flat washers under the brackets and was able to get enough room to get a good aim. Oh, and add some silicone or RTV when you put the bolts thru the bumper to help keep water out.

EugeneTheJeep

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
EugeneTheJeep said:

If you could of gotten some washers in there to hold up the bumper you wouldnt of needed to cut it up. Idk if you could of gotten any in there though.

I might have been able to get one washer under there but it would have taken several washers to take up the space and I dont think it would have been possible to do without removing the bumper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.