Drivers side valve cover gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe200man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any "how to" or tips on doing the drivers side valve cover gasket? All I've seen is for the passenger side

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any "how to" or tips on doing the drivers side valve cover gasket? All I've seen is for the passenger side

Not many How-To's on the driver's side because that side is so much easier than the passenger/right side.

Really just a simple process of getting the wire harnesses out of the way, removing the bolts and removing the valve cover & gasket. Reverse the order to put the new one back in.

As with the passenger side be sure to use the new grommets that come with the gasket to ensure everything seats well. And clean the cylinder head to remove any little chunks that would prevent a good seal.

Let us know how it turns out!

Bob

Joe200man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not many How-To's on the driver's side because that side is so much easier than the passenger/right side.

Really just a simple process of getting the wire harnesses out of the way, removing the bolts and removing the valve cover & gasket. Reverse the order to put the new one back in.

As with the passenger side be sure to use the new grommets that come with the gasket to ensure everything seats well. And clean the cylinder head to remove any little chunks that would prevent a good seal.

Bob

I haven't really looked it over, just kinda glanced it over once I seen it was leaking but does anything need to be done with the fuel rail? Seemed like the hose may be in the way. And the abs junk didn't seem to give u much room. I'll have to look at it when I get home

Joe200man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bob

Probably a dumb question but how do you go about changing the grommets? Do you pop the grommet-spacer-bolt out of the cover as one piece? Then put the new grommet on the spacer and pop it all back into the cover? And are these bolts not supposed to come out of the spacers? Lol

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but how do you go about changing the grommets? Do you pop the grommet-spacer-bolt out of the cover as one piece? Then put the new grommet on the spacer and pop it all back into the cover? And are these bolts not supposed to come out of the spacers? Lol

The easiest way to answer your questions is to just say, "Yes." :birgits_tiredcoffee Do just what you said and you'll have the new grommets in in no time :waytogo:

As for the ABS stuff being in the way, I don't have ABS on mine so I didn't have to maneuver around it.

Bob

kelbob

Reaction score
I replaced both of my gaskets on my liberty and with me the drivers side was harder cause of the wiring harness in the way.But I did remove the fuel line from fuel rail just to gain extra room. total time from start to finish was approx 30 mins or so.

Latest posts

Members online