Driver's Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wifey decided to take on the framing of the garage door today with the drivers side mirror.

My questions are:

1) Are the mirrors from all model years of KJ's interchangeable (power, heated or otherwise)?

2) Do they all come from the factory in unpainted black?

3) Anyone ever pop one of these bad boys off? I am guessing it's a fairly easy process where I will have to pop the interior door panel off.

Thanks guys and gals!

CMCLEAN

Reaction score
Not too sure about the interchangeability, but as far as replacing one, an easy job. Just replaced my drivers one this morning, a friend brought it all the way from Toronto for me. Anyway, take the 2 screws out of the door panel, one at the arm rest, other one is under a small plastic cover ar the door handle. Pull the plastic panel gently from the door all the way round and then wiggle it up to clear the lock button. Reach down the back at the door handle release and unclip the rod that goes goes into the lock assy. You should be able to swivel the door trim panel round so you can get at the 3 nuts that hold the mirror in place. Detach the wiring for the mirror assy. Do the reverse to get everything back in place and there you go... Took me about 10 - 15 minutes.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Similar to not having puddle lights/evic.. but the wiring is there, the wiring for the heated mirrors should be there for 03? 04 and above.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Not too sure about the interchangeability, but as far as replacing one, an easy job. Just replaced my drivers one this morning, a friend brought it all the way from Toronto for me. Anyway, take the 2 screws out of the door panel, one at the arm rest, other one is under a small plastic cover ar the door handle. Pull the plastic panel gently from the door all the way round and then wiggle it up to clear the lock button. Reach down the back at the door handle release and unclip the rod that goes goes into the lock assy. You should be able to swivel the door trim panel round so you can get at the 3 nuts that hold the mirror in place. Detach the wiring for the mirror assy. Do the reverse to get everything back in place and there you go... Took me about 10 - 15 minutes.

Good Stuff! Now if only everything could be accomplished with that rate of speed down there. All my best wishes to you and yours.

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found one that auto-dims. Is that a function of the mirror, or the Jeep?

If the Jeep, is the wiring there already? If the function is left disconnected, will the matter?

LibertyGuy

Reaction score
I have the auto-dim rear view mirror, would be awesome to get both exterior mirror with auto-dim. A quick Google search came up empty.

New Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the auto-dim rear view mirror, would be awesome to get both exterior mirror with auto-dim. A quick Google search came up empty.

If you search this forum, you'll find some mentions. I don't have the rear-view so I won't even be able to tell you if it is indeed auto-dim, or just the scrapper who had it mis-labelled.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can also confirm that this is 100% plug and play. Last night we had a frost and I clicked on the Rear Defrost switch and the mirrors defrosted right away. So all you have to do is plug the heated mirror in and it will work fine.