Drivers side low beam headlight out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NavyStore

Reaction score
I bought my 2008 KK Liberty (with Sky Slider) new and have put 146k miles on it (more if you include towing it behind my RV). I've had several issues over the years, but I've run across one I can't figure out. As stated, only the low beam light doesn't work. Ordered new headlight set thinking the bulb burned out, installed it and nothing (yes, new bulb works fine on passenger side). Hi-beam works fine on both sides. I get the same 12.5Vdc on one pin and 1.54Vdc on the other pin on BOTH drivers and passenger side wires, so I doubt it's a wiring issue. Since high beams work on 'pull to flash' and 'push to engage', I doubt it's the multi-function (left) wand.

Any thoughts or suggestions to look at would be appreciated!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A common problem on the KJs and maybe this is carried over to the KKs is that the heat of the bulb melts its electrical contact into the plastic below it. So although the bulb female socket has power to it...this is not getting through to the filament.

So check the sockets carefully to check that the contact is protruding properly and is clean!

NavyStore

Reaction score
I went from a Sylvania SilverStar bulb to a Headlight Experts H13 Dual Beam bulbs, and the plugs show no sign of deformity or warping. Maybe I should replace the female side of the connector?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Another problem on the KJs and KKs is the wiring harness is routed past the front upper bumpstop with a plastic clip. Make sure your wiring wasn’t pinched by the UCAs.

KKinTexas

Reaction score
Check all your grounds. I recent had this problem. Ended up just establishing new grounds direct to the wire near the bulb.