Driver's door window regulator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankjc

Reaction score
My window regulator is making a clicking noise. The noise is this part poking through the hole. Pretty sure it's time for a replacement, but has anyone ever fixed one of these?

Attachments

• reg1.jpg
    reg1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 16
  • reg2.jpg
    reg2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 15

frankjc

Reaction score
Thanks, that will be helpful.
I was wondering if anyone has repaired the regulator, instead of replacing?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my case I was replacing the door lock actuator and broke the window regulator trying to get things apart. I guess it depends on what/how much is broken. I broke the plastic pulley so the cable was slipping off, so definitely not fixable.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
My window regulator is making a clicking noise. The noise is this part poking through the hole. Pretty sure it's time for a replacement, but has anyone ever fixed one of these?
There are plenty available on ebay for around $50. Very easy to change!

frankjc

Reaction score
It finally broke. Called the dealership, woul cost me about 380, but i think he may have given me the wrong part number. I called 2 different part stores, they asked me what features i had, and 2 or 6 wires. i gave one of the stores the part number and he said it didn't seem to match my vehicle. I have one touch down and up. Its a 2012 jet limited. I might just take it apart and count the wires.

frankjc

Reaction score
Done. Took about an hour and a half. While I was in there, i noticed that its been replaced before. Every bolt and screw had evidence of being taken apart before.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online