Drive Belt Tensioner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keef

Reaction score
Hi ,

Has anyone replaced the drive belt tensioner on a 2002 Cherokee 2.5 CRD?

Any advise welcome.

Thks

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TonyCRD should be able to help you...he recently posted a link to the repair manual for the 2.5 CRD which I have downloaded in PDF format and it gives complete insructions for all engine work on the 2.5 CRD.

nick25crd

Reaction score
RE

Hello from greece
here are the part numbers
mopar #5066938ΑΑ (2) IDLER PULEY SERP-DRIVE BELT
mopar #5072440ΑΒ (1) TENSIONER PULEY SERP-DRIVE BELT
probably you have to change all the three pulleys but for the tensioner you have only to unscrew and replace only the pulley which is exactly the same with the idler pulleys.
i will suggest you MEYLE:1001450003 a german label (this part is very common (opel astra and vw golf 3 of the 90s)) in very good prices. also INA:532046710 is the same.
Regards

Last edited:

Robinkj

Reaction score
Repair manual for 2.5crd

TonyCRD should be able to help you...he recently posted a link to the repair manual for the 2.5 CRD which I have downloaded in PDF format and it gives complete insructions for all engine work on the 2.5 CRD.

Hi billwill

Is the repair manual you are talking about for the 2.5 crd vm r425 dohc engine, if so can you please let me know who I can get it.

Thanks

Robin

Robinkj

Reaction score
I am trying to get a repair manual for my jeep Cherokee 2.5crd limited. All of the manuals I have found so far do not cover this engine. My kj has the vm r 425 dohc engine, if anyone can tell me where I can get a manual for my jeep I would be so pleased.