Drip line closed off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FALS3T33TH

Reaction score
I've been noticing an interesting noise coming from my dash when accelerating. It only appears 1500 rpm or higher. I wouldn't say it sounds like a vacuum line. It sounds more like hot oil in a pan having a few drops of water sizzle into it. Stops the second I let off the gas. Anyways this led me to check my drip line coming through the firewall. Directly under my coolant reservoir. I noticed the 3/4" outlet has a piece or tubing that's folded back into the firewall. There's no possible way this line allows any water to move the way it is positioned currently. I released it yesterday and blew out the line with compressed air to see if my noise was a blockage. Nothing came out. Dry as a bone 

Why would someone block that off?

Attachments

• 20230318_190119.jpg
    20230318_190119.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 18

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
DRIP LINE ?
That is the condensation line for the AC , it will drip some out when running the AC
and you blew air up into it ? Ok now

FALS3T33TH

Reaction score
Yes. Ignorantly following a youtube genius. I gather that was a pretty smart move..

FALS3T33TH

Reaction score
Update.

Found my coolant reservoir cap had a broken seal. Replaced with Mopar cap from dealership and the noise behind my dash went away. Obviously wasn't enough pressure in the system to move the air trapped in the core.

Latest posts

Members online