Dr. Z Promoting CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice the recent DCC TV commercial where Dr. Z promotes a Liberty that get's 26 mpg? That must be the CRD!

Question... I know that there cannot be an '07 CRD... but can Jeep continue to build '06's until January 1st? Then they could keep a good supply of them to sell into '07???

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another commercial I've seen discusses how Jeep is working on a new more fuel efficient diesel which is coming soon. That's probably the Blue-Tec or whatever that one is called.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
y 'all heard the radio ones?...

he sez that dc has won a lot of like quality awards since the merger he was forced to buy a real tux. the interviewer asked
what did u use to wear?

lederhose "it's a german thing, you wouldn't understand"

almost got my coffee through my nose and all over the dash.....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, Z was born in Istanbul, so was I! kiss.gif

zot72

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Anyone notice the recent DCC TV commercial where Dr. Z promotes a Liberty that get's 26 mpg? That must be the CRD!

I think he even says that it's a diesel in that commercial, although it's such a dense fact-dump that it's hard to pick stuff out. :)

Doesn't he say something about flex-fuel and hybrid Jeeps in one of those commercials too? I always thought the Jeep crowd would be a good target for clean-burning power plants, once performance and reliability get high enough (take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but tire tracks).

Oh, and you should see the huge "Ask Dr. Z" vinyl graphic on the I-75 side of the tall Chrysler building (i.e., the former World Headquarters building) in Auburn Hills. :) Who knew large multi-national corporations could be so tacky.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zot72 said:
Doesn't he say something about flex-fuel and hybrid Jeeps in one of those commercials too?
I think its the same commercial (only seen it once) where he mentions a flex-fuel, either the Commander or GC. Once they get the diesel going again I may seriously consider trading mine in on one.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, it's the Commander their talking about.

Speaking of which... the US '07 WK is going to have a 3.0 diesel option. (cool)

JimKJ

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw this comercial on Letterman last night. They specifically mentioned the diesel Liberty and then upcoming flex fuel Commanders and Grand Cherokees. And finished with mention of a future 'cleanest running diesel'.

Seemed pretty bad to be talking about the diesel Liberty as proof of their 'cleaner' vehicles after cancelling its future production.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well, there are still lots of them sitting on dealer's lots. \:D/

For future reference: DCX considers a vehicle "sold" when the dealer buys the model... *NOT* when the customer buys it.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Well, there are still lots of them sitting on dealer's lots. \:D/

Depends on where you live, most dealers can't get them. The last CRD rolled off the assembly line many weeks ago and in some areas they are impossible to find. Despite the cancellation there are many dealers saying that decision was reversed and that there will be a CRD in '07. Other news says to expect it back in '08.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also seen the commercial where he's talking about the Liberty Diesel. And I'm in California where they don't allow the CRD, so who knows.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't get the diesel in NY but yet i've seen the commercial. Seems like it is on all the time. I'm sure it's made for nationwide commercial airing and i guess they're bringing the diesel back. I've never even seen or heard one. Would be nice though.

But the real question is ....... is Dr Z's mustache real .. or what???

Dave

dalefranzen

Reaction score
It's a crying shame about the CRD's.

I just bought a new 06 CRD and just love it to death. With 400 miles on it I realize 19 MPG in town. That is a far cry from 14 (Never saw more than 19 with a tail wind, going down hil and on the freeway!!) in my old 02 3.7 Liberty.
I live in Washington State and there is a huge push for bio fuels. The 06 Libertys came from the factory with B5 fuel. On the west coast (Minus California) there are hundreds of Bio Diesel stations that we can buy retail. I hope for everybody's sake that they continue the CRD line in the Liberty's.
As far as my local Jeep dealer is concerned....there will be NO CRD liberty's in 07 but hope to see them back in 08.

Go Green!!
Dale

dnm45227

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I haven't looked at ours, but last time I checked we were coming in about 20 in very stop and go city driving.