don't know about anybody else but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel the burn with fuel prices rising.
6 months ago when I took delivery, gas prices were "only" 1.70's
My jeep has only 9200 miles on it and I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it. between my payment and gas..it's hurting a bit.
Anyone else feeling like this? I'm torn. wtf.gif

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah... i'm only averaging 14.5 mpg. luckily, I only drive 60-100 miles a week. if i had to drive more and if gas jumps to $5 a gallon, it would really begin to hurt :-({|= right now it's not bad enough for me to want to trade in.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea gas a bit high right now, especially for college student (last semester). At least I can get to about everywhere I need to go on my bike. At least it will give me some exercise.

dnm45227

Reaction score
My wife can easily log 100 miles a night, but it's worth it to me. Just knowing that she is in a reliable well built 4,000lb peice of iron that can get her out of just about any area has a certain value to me. She is a district manager foe a newspaper and has to train and fill in open routes. I think we may look at trading the '02 ltd in on a CRD around the first of the year though. Little torn, the '02 is pre-lowered and has all the bell and whistles. Although that means I woul inherit the '05 rennie!

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the reason I got the CRD......is my commute , my '01 WS6 was killing me in premium gas cost............and not to mention the commute in the snow in the WS6 might have litterly killed me (biggrin) .

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2.75 right now.....here in nyc...
lucky me, mass transit is pretty damn good here, so...i only take her out on weekends..

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive about 23 miles each way to work 5 to 6 days a week and noticing I'm filling up every 5 days with the total at the pump around 43.00 - 45.00...that can add up a month to almost 200.00 just for fuel.
there's not even a public way for me to get to work so now Im looking for another job close to home. I love my rennie but she's killing my wallet right now :-({|=
thanks for not letting me feel alone out here....

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My commute is 110mi a day and 6 days a week, I am having to fill up twice a week at around 35.00 to 45.00 a fill up.................glad I didn't buy a gas KJ.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats a lot to travel a day...what kind of milage do you get with the crd?
im getting about 17.5 with my gas guzzler!
maybe my jeep dealer will let me trade to a crd without any big loss???

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankfully I just came to an agreement with my company, I get to telecommute several days out of the week now. Down side, I don't get to drive my Liberty as much and had to dump a bunch of money on a video security system. Now my dumba** neighbors who live across from me are thinking that I'm watching them. Maybe they should lay off the cheap weed.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rennie2k5 said:
wow thats a lot to travel a day...what kind of milage do you get with the crd?
im getting about 17.5 with my gas guzzler!
maybe my jeep dealer will let me trade to a crd without any big loss???
Around 24mpg with a combo of about 80%highway/20%city driveing........my KJ only got 2800 miles on it and the mileage seems to be improving by the week, by the time its go 10-15000 miles on it ought to be getting an average of around 27mpg I figure.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I knew someone was going to make a funny remark about the dealership maybe helping another human. what was I thinking?

Seriously, I am going to do a little research about maybe selling the renny to get a CRD.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I work two jobs. My full time one during the days (starting again thursday after a 3 month vacation \:D/ ), and my 2nd one is helping my buddy run his pizza place (long time friends, he was there for me when we were younger, now i'm repaying the favor). For both jobs i usually have to do alot of driving. Job #1 I usually have to travel to RJR in in Winston-Salem (good 10-15 mile commute ONE way), and I get $0.37 a mile for that (that *****!...lol)

For job numero 2 I usually just fill in where ever theres a missing link. Which often times deliever untill one of the drivers shows up. Can make some good money in it, but you can burn half a tank easy in one night (with out the a.c on too!!!), so I go through a TON of gas, and at 14mpg it's starting to hurt.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I filled up last night... $44 for 16.5 gal. And there I went and sold my Civic, lol! Oh well. Enjoy life, drive a Jeep.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Yeah, I filled up last night... $44 for 16.5 gal. And there I went and sold my Civic, lol! Oh well. Enjoy life, drive a Jeep.

LOL well we have something in common...I traded my 01 civic back in 03 for my Libby sport, but the dumb@$$ I am traded the sport for a renny!!!
why didnt I get the CRD!!! why?? ](*,)

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
gasohol

Time to switch to gasohol. I learned several methods to do this but the best is a "solar still" You can use anything from grass clippings to corn.
you have to cut it by law 1 gal gas per 1000gal alcohol. I don't know if there are any fuel injected issues...have to brush up. Don't drink it unless you make it from corn or such! Sawdust, leaves, and grass clippings can kill you. Drink before cutting with gas. =D>

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a plan to me, nothing like a little shine....

we like that down here in the south....lol. \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hmm, even being a college student now...

I don't see it. I don't know if I could ever get rid of my Jeep. I'd probably cry the day I had to...

I just love it so much. Everytime I have these thoughts, I just go sit in it. The thoughts go away.