DONE... hood emblem removed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
came off pretty easy... except that the lousy letters kept breaking apart... didn't get one off in a single piece... used GOOF OFF, ScratchX, and wax to remove all the residue. worked very well.... there is just a very, very faint paint fade where you can see where the letter were... but just barely, you really have to be looking for it. if i get home early enough tonight i;m hitting the rear, and doors.

BTW... why the hell can i only post 'thumb nail' images? i'm doing something wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_0909sm.jpg
    IMG_0909sm.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 107

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

I just right click and copy location if it's on the WWW. If it's in your online photo account just use the direct link address.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I debadged my whole Liberty except for the Trail Rated badge. Looks a lot cleaner.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I debadged my whole Liberty except for the Trail Rated badge. Looks a lot cleaner.

agreed.. mush cleaner.. cant wait to do the back...
i am surprised nobody makes 'blacked out' jeep emblems.... i would like to see one on the hood... you'd think there would be a big market for them.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice... I like it, but then i am a bit biased since mine is gone too!

One other thing, in the summer time you don't have that emblem collecting dead bugs! LOL

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed.. mush cleaner.. cant wait to do the back...
i am surprised nobody makes 'blacked out' jeep emblems.... i would like to see one on the hood... you'd think there would be a big market for them.

Because you can buy the emblems and run them with spraypaint while they are still on the sticker, and then apply. You can choose your own shade of black, glossy, matte, etc.. Actually it would look pretty good on a gray or light colored jeeps. Even khaki.. oh it would look great on you jeep, matching that bumper.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because you can buy the emblems and run them with spraypaint while they are still on the sticker, and then apply. You can choose your own shade of black, glossy, matte, etc.. Actually it would look pretty good on a gray or light colored jeeps. Even khaki.. oh it would look great on you jeep, matching that bumper.

Hmm... good idea!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think a black/smoke badge on a Khaki KJ would be killer. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks more sleek without the badge I think. I like the looks of it. Now you got me thinking.

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I like the badges myself ...

Badges? We don't ... no I can't do it ... too easy

I just think they are waaay to shiny :eek: