Do you presoak your lash adjusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, should I?

Trying a new lash adjuster on my #2 exhaust. Dropped that rocker a couple years ago and then dropped it a week ago and now a lot of tapping. Thinking it may be shot or gummed up. Old days we'd soak the lifters but not sure about these new fangled adjusters. Seems like it really wouldn't do much here but according to google opinions vary and Melling doesn't say.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the factory service manual: "Before installation, make sure adjusters are at least partially full of oil. This can be verified by little or no plunger travel when lash adjuster is depressed"

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Partially full sounds good to me. Had to go back and find that sentence in my FSM and sure enough it was there. They actually have very little travel right out of the box. Too bad they don't give a bit more detail in the FSM. I've heard all kinds of stories but no eye witnesses to very bad things happening either way. Partial fill it is.

Latest posts

Members online