displaying dtc's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlomencucci

Reaction score
On my new 06 gas sport I tryed to display any dtc's using the key on/ off three times quickly routine. Nothing happened. Is it because there is no dtc's to display or is the procedure incorrect? Holding the trip odometer reset button down while turning the key on is for the instrument cluster self-diagnostic mode test only, according to the service manual.
thank you :-k

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
any problems on why you are seeking error codes?
did it do the guage cycle?

if you did it right, the the guages would self test, then the code would come out..it no code, then it would just test, and thats it......

carlomencucci

Reaction score
thanks for replying. Yes the guage cycle works correctly, just like the service manual says.The manual also says to use a scan tool to get the trouble codes. I also used the ign. key to get the dtc's, turning it on and off three times fast ending with it on. The odometer just displays the mileage. I have the ESP/BAS and the ESP warning lights coming on intermitly and I want to see if it's setting a code.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it's an 06..u still have warranty..bring it to the dealer....i know it is and they are a pain..but might as well take advantage of the warranty