disable the auto door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SusyZ

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the auto door locking feature on an "07 Liberty ? It is so annoying, every time you get out of the car and want to open the back door it's locked. Drives me crazy! Thank you.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
UNLOCK SEQUENCE
When unlocking the liberty, you can choose between unlocking drivers door first or unlocking all doors simultaneously.
Press and hold the transmitter UNLOCK button for four to ten seconds.
While pressing the UNLOCK button in, press the LOCK button.
Release both buttons.

This will toggle between Driver door first and Unlock all doors function.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Press and hold the transmitter UNLOCK button for four to ten seconds.
While pressing the UNLOCK button in, press the LOCK button.
Release both buttons.

Is there a similar "cheat code" for stopping the horn from honking with the press of the Lock button? I work funny hours, and I'm sure my neighbors don't appreciate getting beeped at when it's 3am. I usually lock it manually with the button on the door to avoid making noise. It'd be great if I could game shark the KJ into shutting the hell up tho. Thanks!

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P.S. I don't have an EVIC. I remember reading something about how you can configure all kinds of little nuances with one of those installed

pontipine

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the auto door locking feature on an "07 Liberty ? It is so annoying, every time you get out of the car and want to open the back door it's locked. Drives me crazy! Thank you.

I don't think this was answered. The feature described is the one that auto locks the doors when you get above some speed level.
Drives me nuts too.