Did something Dumb Need Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left my drivers side window down last night and we got alot of rain. Whats the best way to dry out my seat, and carpet? I did lock the door however.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to our KJ a few weeks ago - my wife left the sunroof open and it poured for 2 days.

I have leather seats, so no problem there, just a wipe dry. The carpets I blotted with towels, then just opened all the doors and let the air flow and warm sun do the rest.

All dry, no odor.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
priell3 said:
Happened to our KJ a few weeks ago - my wife left the sunroof open and it poured for 2 days.

I have leather seats, so no problem there, just a wipe dry. The carpets I blotted with towels, then just opened all the doors and let the air flow and warm sun do the rest.

All dry, no odor.

Thanks. No sun yet, Cloth seats. I'm thinking of Blotting what i can, and then running it with AC on to pull out the moisture. What do you think?

T^2

Reaction score
I would suggest going to a car wash with a good vacuum. They are usually the wet/dry type. If you find a vacuum in good shape it should pull a lot of the water out of the carpet for you.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had water leak into my other car, used a wet/dry vac to pull most of it out and had it just sit in the sun with mosture removing products sitting inside to get the damp feeling out.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepmed said:
I left my drivers side window down last night and we got alot of rain. Whats the best way to dry out my seat, and carpet? I did lock the door however.

Here's my advice, based on how my friend dries out all the vehicles after they shampoo them (he owns a car clean-up shop).

Put it in the garage/carport (somewhere where it won't get rained on again), take out the floor mats and any cargo mats you might have, hang them to dry. Open both front windows about halfway. Get a small space heater (or two) and put them on the floor of the cargo area and crank them up. The car will be dry in a short while. If you've got leather, watch where you aim the heat, it can dry out the leather in short order and cause cracking. This whole process should take you about 2-3 hours but check on them every 1/2 hour just to be safe. Above all else, just keep an eye on the leather that's near the heater, you might have to move the heater to the front or rear footwells (and lower the output) if the leather is getting too warm.. just play it by ear and you'll do fine.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember once in my wrangler it got soaked inside....

What I did was put the top on, park it in the sun with it zipped up and placed a dehumidifer in it. Dried it up nice...