did any liberty come factory with sat radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ceanern

Reaction score
Was wondering if any year liberty came with xm or sirus sat radio factory? as I have a subscription and I do but don't wanna remove the factory deck because of the 6 disc changer in it cause it is nice not having to shuffle cd's all the time.

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year do you have? My 2007 came with Sirius.

Was wondering if any year liberty came with xm or sirus sat radio factory? as I have a subscription and I do but don't wanna remove the factory deck because of the 6 disc changer in it cause it is nice not having to shuffle cd's all the time.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 05 came with Sirius. The antenna is on the center/rear of the roof.

Dave

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 06 came with sirius if i wanted to activate it. i never did.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 06 has NAV and the CD changer but no SIRIUS built in. look for the antenna on the back of the roof or call Sirius. they can tell you based on your VIN# or by pressing a sequence of buttons on your radio, if you have it the sirius tuner's ESN will display, if not nothing will happen.

If you dont have it from the factory you can add the sirius tuner and stuff but the dealer list price is about $600. or do what I did since I had sirius with a plug and play unit already I just got a mount and had it all installed in the jeep. I strongly recomend if you go this route to get the direct FM kit that wires the sirius output directly to the FM antenna input of your radio. the sound is much better, much much more static free and just plain more enjoyable to deal with over doing it wireless by FM.

This is the mount kit bundle I got it includes the direct FM and a direct power box so I can use the power outlet for my cell charger with out an ugly splitter

http://www.tss-radio.com/products/sirius-professional-vehicle-install-bundle

Last edited:

ceanern

Reaction score
thanks for the response. completely forgot to add it was an 03. I already have the portable receiver. I didn't know they made a direct connect for the am/fm antenna I have the stiletto 2 sirius radio. And I have that kit for hooking it thru fm but it has the antenna which is really crappy and I didn't want a million wires ran all over and trying to conceal them. I'm gonna check out the link you sent me. and probably get that ordered up. Again Thanks!

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool I hope that mount works for you. it should power and do the the FM for yours the same as my Cheap stratus 5. the power box will work with a 12v or 6v tuner, the newer ones are 6v. the fm intalls between the antenna lead and the head unit so the sirius' FM output is fed to the head unit by wire.

Mine is mounted where the ash tray would go if you had the smoking package. i can take a pic for you and post it later if you want

ceanern

Reaction score
yeah that would be cool to see a pic. my radio is a little different as it is tall not narrow. I got the adapter from radio shack for 19.99 cause I already have the fm base

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that would be cool to see a pic. my radio is a little different as it is tall not narrow. I got the adapter from radio shack for 19.99 cause I already have the fm base

True the stelleto is very different shape I didnt think of that. maybe mounting it to the side would work better.

I will have to post a pic later for you so you can see what I did.