Derp. Where the heck are the horizontal headlight adjusters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
For the life of me I can not find the horizontal head lamp adjustment sr.cews. got my vertical adjustment perfect, but can't find em.

Pictures please!

Driving me crazy I don't have the passenger aimed out to the fog line. These yokels out here don't adjust theirs and put off road only LEDs on everything. Kind of need to be able to follow the fog line at night...that or wear a pair of Welding Goggles...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you pop your hood and stand in
front of your drivers side headlight.....look to the left a few inches and you will see a hole with a silver ***** needing an ____ wrench to turn it. If you turn it clockwise i believe it lowers the beam, and counter-clock-wise should raise it
mind went blank on the name of the wrench , socket you need , but you'll see what it needs

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
If you pop your hood and stand in
front of your drivers side headlight.....look to the left a few inches and you will see a hole with a silver ***** needing an ____ wrench to turn it. If you turn it clockwise i believe it lowers the beam, and counter-clock-wise should raise it
mind went blank on the name of the wrench , socket you need , but you'll see what it needs
Yeah the topsides are Torx sc.rews. I must have overlooked the dang things fifty times.!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No headlight adjustments for horizontal, only vertical.
Some KJ (off shore?) had an optional leveling motor ?
You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Whew. At at least I’m not crazy. Guess I’ll just shim it out a degree or two.

Really strange. Never had a vehicle with no horizontal adjust. Then again, I guess they don’t teach anyone to eyeball the fog line when blinded by the other lane, eh?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Being blinded at night is not fun. Once we lift the Jeeps, adjustments have to be made.
We also should try to be considerate of lower cars ahead, where pulling in too close can blind the interior and rear view mirror.
Ha ha not everyone has a 140% Limo tint..
With both Low beams & each fog @ 65 watts, I often turn my fogs off to be considerate.
You must be registered for see images attach

I like to set my main headlights on a nice dark road somewhere. People will flash you on highways if it is not set correctly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I still use Philips 9007 X-TremeVision yet in all of mine
Been running them for several years and they do me a good job and last a long time
Plus with the Vision X light Cannons don't need anything else
I run on low beam all the time , with the Vision Xs hooked up to a floor mounted dimmer switch , easy to flip off since every morning going to work its dark all the way and with very crooked roads

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I upgraded to the Sylvania high performance Silverstar ZXE. (Got them for 45% off due to sale and military discount) Love them. Was also why I was readjusting. They are noticeably brighter. Haven’t even tried the high beams. I had set the old ones right after the lift, but even with the lenses polished I couldn’t see well with the low beams.
With these bulbs in I was determined not to be that guy. Wish everyone felt that way…it’s hard to resist the urge to turn on my full illumination package at the j.erks around here. Results of a zero inspection, zero enforcement state.

I use the 25-50x1ft method. Reduces the risk of blinding the sedan in front of you in traffic over the wall method.

In the volkswagen , I’m dropped 3inches so actually have to adjust up. Lol

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have mine adjusted to where it doesn't hurt anyone coming at me or following
Except this one little Mazda Miata , that is slammed on the ground ( think suspension is just that wore out)
He drives about 12-15 MPH under speed limit and always catch him every morning
My headlights , on low beam , hit the very top of his convertible top
I feel sorry for the little thing, left side tail light has been burnt out for over a year now, right side very dim
The Amish buggy's I see daily have brighter lights ( and if you have ever seen any Amish in the dark you know what I mean LOL)

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna' guess that most newer vehicles have no side to side adjustment. I had a 2002 Focus that also had zilch.
Guess they either need shimmed or a BFH.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Export Models like my 2002 Export CRD have a k.n.o.b. inside the cabin that I can rotate to raise or lower the headlights. Very useful if I have a heavy load in the rear at night so I can lower the beams and not blind the oncoming traffic!;)

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Export Models like my 2002 Export CRD have a k.n.o.b. inside the cabin that I can rotate to raise or lower the headlights. Very useful if I have a heavy load in the rear at night so I can lower the beams and not blind the oncoming traffic!;)
Very cool. Most envious.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I was in process of shiming the passenger side when the cold fron b.lew through and the temp dropped from 15C to 3C in ten minutes.

It can wait to be finished. Rofl

Latest posts

Members online