Defa how-to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone should know the procedure to install the Defa water heater on a KJ, please let me know. I am also interested in the proper procedure for adjusting hand brake. Both on 2.8 crd 2003 ltd
Anyone who knows where to get printed Jeep shop manuals?

It is below freezing, it is 40 cm snow, I have no dry and warm place to fix my car -- it is winter in Norway for the next 7 months -- so I have to trust a local car fixer to do this... :)

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on DEFA engine heaters, but the ones I've seen, you just drain the cooling system, find a water freeze plug on the engine that is accessible, knock it out and install the heater in it's place. Run the wiring, install the control unit if your using one and add the coolant. Run the engine and check for leaks at the heater. Plug it into a 230V outlet and your done. My CRD already had a heater on it from the factory, are you sure your's doesn't also? The CD shop Manuals are way cheaper and you can just print the pages you need. Your Jeep dealer or I've seen them on ebay.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD4Liberty said:
My CRD already had a heater on it from the factory, are you sure your's doesn't also? The CD shop Manuals are way cheaper and you can just print the pages you need. Your Jeep dealer or I've seen them on ebay.

How can I find out if I hava a heater ??

Please don´t ask me to se my Jeep dealer, the manuals costs ca. 100 dollars pr. page !

Do you have a ebay link?