Dealership trailer wire harness help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

femetal

Reaction score
I bought the dealership trailer wire harness part # 82207248AB I have tried to find a installation video but all the ones that are posted are installing them on the tail lights. This harness plugs into some plugs behind the back hatch right side panel. I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty sport. The wire harness is the 7way harness not the 4flat

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the dealership trailer wire harness part # 82207248AB I have tried to find a installation video but all the ones that are posted are installing them on the tail lights. This harness plugs into some plugs behind the back hatch right side panel. I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty sport. The wire harness is the 7way harness not the 4flat

If your KJ did NOT come with the EVIC overhead computer you'll also need the supplemental harness if you eventually want to install a trailer brake controller. It's a simple plug and play harness that connects with the one you have already with an additional wire that you thread through the firewall and up to the battery.

The instructions that came with the harness SUCK but once you look at the pictures and compare them to the actual harness they will make sense. One thing you'll need is a very small screwdriver to enable you to pull some of the individual wires out of the plugs for the rear quarter panel connectors. You push the screwdriver in on one side to move a clip so the wire pulls out.

Once installed I think you'll be pleased with the result. It's a very hefty harness :waytogo: