deal or no deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sideshowant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all! i'm looking to upgrade my libby. i have an 05 2.4l with the 6 speed manual ******. i found a 05 renegade also with the 6 speed ******. it has 33000 miles on it and their asking 14900 for it. besides two small dings one on the fender and one on the door it's in great condition. the reason for getting rid of my 4cyl is because it's just to much of a ****. it's struggles to go up the slightest inclines. i'm constatntly having to down shift. how will the 3.7l compare to the 2.4l? is this a good deal?

thanks,

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Private sale or Dealer??
Check KBB for values.
Subtract $$$ for the dings so you can get them fixed.
Get a Carfax.
It might have 3,000 miles left on the bumper to bumper warrenty. depending on what month it was bought. It will have a transferrable 7/70,000 on the powertrain.
Give it a real good test drive including 4wd on a dirt road.
Check the Jeep website to see if the ball joints were done.
Get service records if available.
Have a mechanic look at it if possible. If not crawl underneith it and look for damage/leaks. It should have skids and hooks on it if a Renne. (you could get a build sheet for free from any dealer with the ser#)
Make sure the owners manual is in the glovebox hidden cubbyhole.
Make sure it has 2 transponder keys as they are expensive.
Make sure everything works.....all power acessories, etc.

These are some of the things I would do, but I am borderline ****.

Renne's are nice.

Dave

sideshowant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet, thanks for the advise. i haven't looked underneath but i noticed the gas tank skid and the front hooks. should it have the rear hooks? what other skids is it supposed to come with?
thanks again,

Latest posts

Members online