Dead Window.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UC3Caveman

Reaction score
So of course as I take my jeep out to play in tonight's snow storm, I roll up to the Dunkin drive through and roll my window down. Coffee in hand, ready to play sideways, I go to roll my window up, nada! WTF?!
Regulator is fine, there's no draw on the electrical (like when rolling up a window that's already up). All my other windows work. Looked for shorts in the wires at the switch, in the boot between door and body, and under the door panel. Couldn't find a thing. The only other things not working on the jeep and seemed to have occurred around the same time, are my passenger side marker light and low beam. Doubt they're related, but I almost wouldn't be surprised with the way I've found these things to be designed so far.
If anyone has any suggestions/ or has encountered a similar problem, please let me know! It's far too cold to not have a window!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now just get the window up. I used some tape from work to hold it in place while I checked the internals of the door when mine fell. Your problem with the window will most likely either be the regulator motor itself or the more common problem which is the bracket piece that attaches to the window that rides up and down the guide rail. It's an easy fix if it is the bracket piece. Just order the Stieger kit and not worry about it anymore.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also check at the switch I've replaced a couple of those but seems less common. I'd check for power there first.