dead TPM sensor?!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today while driving on the highway Check TPMS light came on and EVIC shows - - instead of the rear left wheel pressure. I know it is pressured at 35 psi so does this mean the sensor is dead?

I seriously hate TPM systems, is there any way to disable it?:mad:

Quicksilversurf917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have that system and I think it is very helpful...yet very expensive to maintain.

But yes ur sensor is going bad, if not dead. if you get them from the jeep dealer they are about 80$ each IIRC. But wait a few days and see if it comes back on, and if it does then it just means its going bad, but if it stays off then its dead. The easiest thing to do is just ignore it. But if you really want to you can have it taken out and replaced and/or just not put back in.

I dont know if you can disable it or not....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try resetting them with the magnet. Normally it is used to re-calibrate the positions of the tires, but it may help with this problem as well.
As for hating them, I wouldn't dare say hate. I love them. 65,000 of pot-hole full of city driving, not a single problem.

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate cause I prefer reliable pieces of technology.

Back to my issue sensor came back to life at the same lication it died. I think I mighht have found the culprit. I drive by this military area where they have jammers on so u lose cellular reception and such. Maybe their jammers put my tpm sensor to sleep. Too much action movies?! :)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine I aired up to 35, the light was still on, but once I drove a mile or two it went off.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
How old is your Jeep?
Wouldn't really expect any TPMS sensor to live more than 3 or 4 years at MOST.
It kind of ***** that they don't have replaceable batteries

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old is your Jeep?
Wouldn't really expect any TPMS sensor to live more than 3 or 4 years at MOST.
It kind of ***** that they don't have replaceable batteries

It's a late 2006. maybe they are just getting old or cause I took it offroading for the first time since it was purchased(by the previous owner) they are not used to dust and mud

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate cause I prefer reliable pieces of technology.

Back to my issue sensor came back to life at the same lication it died. I think I mighht have found the culprit. I drive by this military area where they have jammers on so u lose cellular reception and such. Maybe their jammers put my tpm sensor to sleep. Too much action movies?! :)

Maybe they threw a chaff on your way.. :rolleyes:
Send the bill to military. I wouldn't blame "cheap" technology for this, I would blame the military.