ddin in a libby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it would take some serious fabrication to fit an in dash unit in a kj, probly have to relocate the climate control console. But has any one gotten one to fit?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone was thinking about doing one since their buddy did it to a grand cherokee, the thread escapes my mind.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older grand cherokees have a larger stock stereo so you could install a ddin with not much trouble. Its when you get into single slot stereos that you need to get crafty. If it were to be done in a kj you would most likely need to relocate the climate control and fab some new panels to trim all the gaps. Abs would work but probly wouldnt look great. If you had access to a vacuum form you could make a more aesthetically pleasing enclosure.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I was thinking of something else. The guy I'm talking about gabbed in a cb radio into the dash ill try to find the pic and post it on here to show you what I'm talking about

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is.
You must be registered for see images attach

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted that up that is my buddys 01 WJ and the AC system is still in the stock place

With the climate control in its original position he had to fab something higher then the dash. I would want to keep everything as stock as possible. I found some pics on google but it wouldnt open from my phone. What did he use to make the extra dash panels?

AJMotts

Reaction score
I bought that Double din kit (from ebay). With some minor mods it fit my 02