Daystar leveling ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will daystar leveling spacers add any extra clearance on their own? Im only lookin for a 1 to 2" lift on my kj. I'm also curious to know how much mpg is sacraficed if using an actual daystar lift. thank you for the info

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a crack at this....I think this kit is similar to the Rusty's leveling kit.

So, in order for my Rusty's 3/4" leveling kit to look right, I had to put (2) rear isolators on each side in the rear too.

Here's a link to my thread on it.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the jeep looks great man...thats about the amount of lift i would be lookin for...so if i decide to go with this i just need the rusty leveling kit and 2 rear isolators on each side? did it effect the ride or your gas mileage at all? ive read that the bigger lifts and tires are death to mpg and i drive about a 60 mile round trip to work everyday. sorry for all the questions im a newbie man...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NP on the questions....

So, I didn't notice MPG change. I did notice a slight change in suspension feel.

Keep in mind, you have a 2004 - I had 6k miles on my Jeep when I did that. Yours won't be as tall as it has already sagged. In fact, at 40k, mine's not that tall anymore as it has sagged. I'm not sure how much though as I have changed tire size and didn't do the "center of wheel to flare" measurement before lifting.

I'm currently beating myself up debating if I want to drop the $650-$700 for an OME/Rancho setup.

fishin'liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea that was another option i was looking at...and if it has already sagged i may just have to do the rancho/ome and that rusty's or daystar. thanks for the info man