daystar combo lift opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know how this kit performs. Want it for wheeling, not just on road or show. Does it have any of the issues common with spacer lifts? (bad angles, spring contact etc.) First hand experience a plus.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the front the combo lift consist of poly-spacers and top strut plate. In the rear it is just poly-spacers. RRO is the one that sells the kit.

They probably use Daystar spacer for the poly-spacers or maybe it just the box it was sent in.

The picture looks just like the RRO combo lift.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the RRO site it says that on the 2.125 combo lift it uses OTT spacers in the front. Thats a problem isnt it? It also said sold without shocks. Would I need to get new shocks seperately?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jerbacher said:
On the RRO site it says that on the 2.125 combo lift it uses OTT spacers in the front. Thats a problem isnt it? It also said sold without shocks. Would I need to get new shocks seperately?

The OTT spacer is only 3/8" which is not enough to cause a problem. The OTT spacer that cause problems is about 1.5"

Not sure about the 2.5 and 2.125.. sounds like just some mixed up numbers.

He probably bought some new shocks and is selling them with the kit also.

The kit looks fine to me from the pictures. It looks like it contains a small poly spacer in the front and a small OTT strut spacer, just like the RRO combo. Rear is just a poly spacer. There is not really too much to mess up here. For 150 it looks like a good deal, if you are looking for a decent lift for a cheap price then I think you found a one.