Daystar 2.5"...whats your opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Daystar 2.5 inch lift to the jeep. For those who do not know what it includes; Front strut spacers, Rear coil blocks. I also added Pro Comp ES3000 Shocks to the rear. I haven't had any problems with it yet, but I must say that I baby it. I see lot of people talking about the frankenlift and OME, but not to much convo on daystar.

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK ABOUT IT?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention, I dunno about with different shocks, but if you use it with the stock shocks, it stiffens up the front end quite a bit. That bump you never really felt with the stock suspension, you WILL feel with the Daystar lift.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's fine as long as you suspension is in pretty good shape, otherwise a coil lift is a better idea.:)

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention, I dunno about with different shocks, but if you use it with the stock shocks, it stiffens up the front end quite a bit. That bump you never really felt with the stock suspension, you WILL feel with the Daystar lift.

you are right about that bump. i feel it every now and then over speed bumps. i kept the front struts and coils but i am looking to replace them soon. i priced them thru jeep and they wanted 375 for just parts.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the daystar. but replace your shocks all around or you will kick yourself

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any suggestions as to use for the front set....keep in mind i dont want to spend an arm and a leg if i dont have too.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ive got stock shocks and struts up front. i dont need anything more than the 3" lift that i already gained. but i would like better ride quality and at 55k miles, it wouldnt hurt to replace the struts. would i be able to use the rancho/ome shocks with the existing stock coil and daystar spacer?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I would recommend the longest travel shock you can get with the spacer puck...but yeah you could no problem.

Edit: Did you get the Daystar USP with the pucks?

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the longest travel shock you can get with the spacer puck...but yeah you could no problem.

Edit: Did you get the Daystar USP with the pucks?

my lift came with the strut plates, the spacer, rear spacer and i bought pro comp shocks in the rear.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im half way into creating my own lift but for the time being to get me around im running the daystar lift with durango rear shocks and rancho front shocks. Im running stock 02 springs all around for now and i get a really nice ride, but i plan on making it nicer in the future with new springs and a smaller spacer. I personally dont like the height you get out of just the spring and shock lift to short