Darn locking nut!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dh010447

Reaction score
The one for the spare tyre - driving me crazy rattling around in the glove box.

Is there not somewhere special where it is supposed to live? Like in the wheel jack holder under the rear seat?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think so, but take the jack out and see.....you could always just tie wrap it to the jack handle or something like that if it's bugging you that much.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about putting it in that little recess in the back on the passenger side? But I agree with storing it near the jack. I unfortunately don't have lock nuts yet.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this Jeep Storage Bag from JPARTs for less than $20.00. Tossed the tire key in the bag and velcroed it to the back of my rear seat.

No more rattle.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk,......but if something is rattling around why would you not wrap it up in a rag/ something or move it? I would not put up with a rattle for over 5 minutes
I can't see what the big deal is ??? or did I miss something?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk,......but if something is rattling around why would you not wrap it up in a rag/ something or move it? I would not put up with a rattle for over 5 minutes
I can't see what the big deal is ??? or did I miss something?

Exactly, just wrap it up!

Heck you can go into Wal-Mart and the jewelry isle and buy one of those little padded string closure baggies, black or whatever color you want to cover it up. Or even a old sock or rag works.

I got that idea from my wife, she always buys those little ring bags for her earrings and rings and stuff. The keys in the center console for my roof rack crossbars were always jingling and driving me nuts so i bought one of those bags for a buck and put the keys in there, little boxes of spare fuses, you name it. They don't drive me nuts anymore!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I keep mine in the center console with all of the napkins. No issues.

dh010447

Reaction score
Exactly, just wrap it up!

Heck you can go into Wal-Mart and the jewelry isle and buy one of those little padded string closure baggies, black or whatever color you want to cover it up. Or even a old sock or rag works.

I got that idea from my wife, she always buys those little ring bags for her earrings and rings and stuff. The keys in the center console for my roof rack crossbars were always jingling and driving me nuts so i bought one of those bags for a buck and put the keys in there, little boxes of spare fuses, you name it. They don't drive me nuts anymore!!

Thats what I had planned. Didnt have any spare socks available to hand though :)

Just thought there might have been a special place for it that I had overlooked. Perhaps it will find a home in my Zune bag/case.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I had planned. Didnt have any spare socks available to hand though :)

Just thought there might have been a special place for it that I had overlooked. Perhaps it will find a home in my Zune bag/case.

Hey I just had a brainstorm, wrap the locking nut up in a pair of red lace *******. That would explain why they're in the glovebox :D

I have a non-Jeep branded tote bag in the back of my Libby to carry the towing/recovery related stuff.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I just had a brainstorm, wrap the locking nut up in a pair of red lace *******. That would explain why they're in the glovebox :D

(lol)

That would work until the wife found it in there and beat me senseless with it..

dh010447

Reaction score
Mine has a hole in the base and came attached to a plastic snap-on-point on the jack under the rear seat.

Might have to take a closer look at that. I did check it out, but couldn't see anywhere to clip it on to.

dh010447

Reaction score
BTW - it would appear that my original post title has changed... the 'r' was original an 'm'. Must have been a swear word in the US...

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Might have to take a closer look at that. I did check it out, but couldn't see anywhere to clip it on to.

It's a long shot but check your tire iron (or jack) for the plastic fastener .. that is where I attached mine. The Mopar kits come with the fastener.

Latest posts

Members online