Damper-Pulley/Headgasket Hlp PlZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheemo

Reaction score
so i am taking off my heads to diagnose/replace the headgaskets (hope thats all it is >.<) and i was wondering if anyone knew about how to remove the bottom pulley it seems pretty simple to me but i just dont know if the bolt is reverse threaded i dont want to put that much force on it the wrong direction you know (160 ft pounds of torque) i broke my ratchet.... and my hand.... trying to take it off i was just going the normal way to loosen (counter clockwise)

and also if anyone has any advice about headgasket replacement / things i should do while its taken apart, please dont be shy to say something :)

Last edited:

pominajeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
undo the bottom pulley bolt anti clockwise, but you need a puller to remove the pully $30 or so at parts store, but why are you wanting to remove the bottom pulley for head gaskets?

cheemo

Reaction score
on the front of the engine there is a cover plate where all your stuff bolts on like ur alternator and all that... under that is the timing chains i need to remove the plate but the last bolt is under the damper pulley >.<
i guess i just gotta push harder on the bolt!

Latest posts

Members online