Damn Hummers!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckphreak

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of changing a flat in the middle of the night in ass-freezing weather. (banghead) The worst part however, was holding my flashlight in my mouth to angle it up as I climbed under the car to place the jack. After that wonderful experience, I decided I should find a flashlight that can convert into a lantern. Besides a few ugly Energizer and Chinese brands, this was the only good looking flashlight I could find.

What do you guys think? Should I buy it? Or keep on searching for something without such a hideous label on it? :D

You must be registered for see images

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the point? it will just burst into flames as soon as you bring it in the jeep.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was a mini-maglite (or similar sized light) you could get a headband for it, or you could go down to your local mega-store or bicycle shop and get one o f these:
You must be registered for see images attach

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
That tripod one is good, I have one of those with a Energizer logo on it.
I also have a few headlamps.
Ok, I admit, I literally have no less than 20 different forms of battery operated lights.
If you are looking for something like the one in your post, go check out a backpacking/camping/hunting outfitter. They tend to sell the good high end stuff.
I saw one at Cabella's that when it was collapsed it lit a krypton bulb and when it is telescoped it uses multiple L.E.D.'s

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coleman makes a nice little pack away that's tiny and has pretty good brightness:

BUT, I've seen these at wal-mart:

Jeep Tripod Flashlight

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I would have to say just like any thing ells you buy you get what you pay for and also coming from personal experience I would say go with a Pezal head lamp, they are very simple, very durable and even fairly water proof. I have two for when I go backpacking and have had them both for several years. I got them when I worked in a backpacking/climbing/kayaking store. So I guess I’m still trying to sell them lol. I have one (Zipka) in my jeep with my 4D Maglite.

http://en.petzl.com/petzl/LampesGammes?Gamme=48
i have the Zipka and Tikka models

Attachments

• tikka.jpg
    tikka.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Well I would have to say just like any thing ells you buy you get what you pay for and also coming from personal experience I would say go with a Pezal head lamp, they are very simple, very durable and even fairly water proof. I have two for when I go backpacking and have had them both for several years. I got them when I worked in a backpacking/climbing/kayaking store. So I guess I’m still trying to sell them lol. I have one (Zipka) in my jeep with my 4D Maglite.

http://en.petzl.com/petzl/LampesGammes?Gamme=48
i have the Zipka and Tikka models

Yeah, they are the best on the market as far as I am concerned.
I still have two complete Petzl Acetylene/Halogen set-ups left over from my spelunking day's!
Black Diamond is also on par with Petzl.

duckphreak

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with you socks on the 20+. I don't know what it is with flashlights, but I have the headband one, few maglights, couple of Surefires, LED one w/red and blue caps for backpacking/hunting, UV one for inspections, infrared helmet Surefire for military, and the list goes on...

Members online

No members online now.