Damage control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I would definitely use antiseize with an aluminum head. When you go to remove the plugs it is so easy for the threads to gall to the plugs and strip the hole out.

I always use antiseize and so far so good on.. well... 9 Jeeps. Always torque to fsm spec.

Me too. :shrug:
With a 30k plug change no antiseize is needed and can eventually cause issues in the long run,nothing mentioned about using that stuff in the FSM.

If you must use antiseize on spark plugs you should be using the copper version,the silver stuff reduces the electrical conductivity thus reducing ignition performance since those threads "ground" the plugs to the engine.

Oh and by the way using that stuff you need to cut the torque by at least 40%,all those torque ratings are stated for dry threads unless otherwise stated(like head bolts).

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got about 10k before my next change. I shall proceed without the antiseize at that time. Not alot of experience with aluminum heads. I do use it very sparingly.