Dakota load levelers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laz

Reaction score
Hey guys thank you in advance for for your assistance. I have a stock 2006 4x4 liberty. I have read that allot of folks use the Dakota's load levelers on the lifted liberty's. My question is will they work with a stock liberty. I am trying to increase pay load capacity and a extra inch of height would be great.
Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys thank you in advance for for your assistance. I have a stock 2006 4x4 liberty. I have read that allot of folks use the Dakota's load levelers on the lifted liberty's. My question is will they work with a stock liberty. I am trying to increase pay load capacity and a extra inch of height would be great.
Thanks

No will work on a lifted KJ, not stock least not the ones for a 99-04 dakota crew cab 4x4

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it thanks

Monroe does not list a load-leveler that fits the stock KJ. If you look at their product specs pdf that lists the capacity/weight of each shock, and it's compressed and extended length, as well as bolt hole width, you may be able to find one that works, but that'd be on you to research.

Otherwise, you could put air bags in the rear to help with load carrying.

scbison

Reaction score
No will work on a lifted KJ, not stock least not the ones for a 99-04 dakota crew cab 4x4
I wanted to bring this back from the dead. Any clue if this will work with a small lift vice a larger one. i.e. using OME 947 springs in the rear?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use them with 4runner coils.... takes the 2" lift to about 3".

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm lifted, have Ome 927 front / 948 rear coils on KJ.
I installed Monroe rear shocks #58649 load levelers. Handles weight well.

Attachments

• Monroe 58649.jpg
    Monroe 58649.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Monroe Heavy Duty Shocks.jpg
    Monroe Heavy Duty Shocks.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 12

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I remember that Luke. You had lots of weight in the back..;)