Cruise Control Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to add the cruise kit to our 04 Liberty. I saw several places on line that offer the kit, but I keep seeing the following warning:

Servo Connecter is not on vehicles built between 3/20/2003 and 3/12/2004. Check for presence of servo connector before ordering or installing. Do not attempt to install on vehicles built without it.

Can anyone tell me what the "servo connector" looks like so I can see if we've got one?

Thanks.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the Liberty, but on the Wrangler it's just a plug-in harness that was located on the driver's side inside the engine compartment...behind where the battery is on our Libertys.

dune_cowboy

Reaction score
jp1 said:
Looking to add the cruise kit to our 04 Liberty. I saw several places on line that offer the kit, but I keep seeing the following warning:

Servo Connecter is not on vehicles built between 3/20/2003 and 3/12/2004. Check for presence of servo connector before ordering or installing. Do not attempt to install on vehicles built without it.

Can anyone tell me what the "servo connector" looks like so I can see if we've got one?

Thanks.

If you look in the engine compartment just behind the stock air filter there should be a black and silver unit, that is the servo connector if you let me have your email address and i will send you some photos as i have just but one in my KJ 05

Regards

Dune

freddy

Reaction score
No Servo

I am also looking to put Cruise in my 04 Limited and it doesn't have the servo. Can I buy it and install it with the cruise system or do you think it'll be better (cheaper) just getting an aftermarket kit.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
If you get a Mopar cruise control kit, the servo with the cable attached will come with it, along with the switches needed for inside the vehicle, and various other pieces. I have not installed one in a Liberty, but have in a few other late model Mopars, the kits are great. They even come with the wiring harness, in case your vehicle lacks it. Each of the ones I installed, the vehicle had the appropriate wiring already installed at the factory. I put one in my daughter in law's PT a while back, it even came with the vacuum canister to install behind the bumper.

Silver Streak

HuJass

Reaction score
I'm also looking to install factory cruise in a 2003 Lib we just picked up.
I'd like to see those pics of the servo. My addy is [email protected]

Has anyone done this addition yet? Was it hard?

It would probably make sense to add the radio contols at the same time since you probably have to take apart the steering wheel anyways.

dune_cowboy

Reaction score
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:40 pm Post subject: Cruise Control Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Hi There

No it was very easy took me about a 1 1/2 hours to done ,now i can't live without it .photos on the way
regards

dune

CoolAcid

Reaction score
PICs

Anyway we could get those pics posted here? If not could someone with the PICs PM me and I'll drop the pictures on my server here so it can be posted?

I've got something behind my stock air filter that looks like a control module but I would have to guess it is no a servo connector since it doesn't look like a servo.

According to CarFax First item is noted as 07/02 for my '03 KJ. So it should have the servo?

Thanks,
Jay

CoolAcid

Reaction score
Darn.. Not on mine. I would assume If I did it would attach via wire to throttle body (where the line runs from the gas pedal).

How hard would it be to install this? Is is possible? Anyone done it yet?

HuJass

Reaction score
Actually, you should be looking for just the conneector and short harness pigtail combo.
I just looked at our Lib and it was right there laying under the A/C receiver/dryer (build date of 12/02)
The cruise kit would come with the actual servo that would get plugged in to that harness.

CoolAcid

Reaction score
Yeah.. I have the connector. Found that quickly. At least I figure that was what it is. As soon as I saw that, I was almost sure I didn't have the servo but wanted to be sure.

CoolAcid

Reaction score
OK..

Ok, so Jeep no longer makes the kit for 2002-2005 ;; DAMN!

I've got most of the parts from different areas.

My two questions left is, how does the switches go on the Steering wheel, and is the wiring harness already there?