cregars and spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akilgore23

Reaction score
hi all,
Havent been on this forum in awhile. Anyways im looking to put the soft 8s (cragers) on my 04 with the 1 1/2in. spacers Im not lifted soooo is there anything I need to worry about? any rubbing? also my tire size is 245/70r/16 Thanks for any responses

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... The Soft 8's are great (I have them) but heavy. The tires will be outside the fenders with just the rims. You won't have any rubbing with the 245/70/16 wheels. I'm not familiar with adding spacers to aftermarket rims though so someone else might chime in about that.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hmm... I believe I recall some rubbing with the 245/70s when used with aftermarket rims with more backspacing... but *NOT* when used with stock rims.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi all,
Havent been on this forum in awhile. Anyways im looking to put the soft 8s (cragers) on my 04 with the 1 1/2in. spacers Im not lifted soooo is there anything I need to worry about? any rubbing? also my tire size is 245/70r/16 Thanks for any responses
You will rub like crazy with the Cragers and spacers,even if you were lifted.What size cragers do you have?

lets say you have 16x8's,they have 5" of BS,so adding a 1 1/2" spacer is making your rims have 3.5" of BS,I rubbed like crazy with 16x8 rims with 3.75" of BS(my original rims after I lifted my KJ) and I was lifted over 3.5".If you are running 16x7 rims,which can be had in 4.5" or 4" of BS,adding spacers would turn them into rims with 3"-2.5" of BS,major rub even on a lifted KJ.

Just scrape the spacers,very bad idea.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will rub with cragars and 245/70/16 tires on a stock rig. You will not rub with that stock rims and 245/70/16 tires.

Like tjkj said, you will get TONS of rubbing with both cragars and spacers, even with a lift.

akilgore23

Reaction score
thanks for all the replys guys! Ok so can i get away with the cragers 16x8 and just forget about the spacers and not have to worry about rubbing? The rim has a 4.5 bs

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the replys guys! Ok so can i get away with the cragers 16x8 and just forget about the spacers and not have to worry about rubbing? The rim has a 4.5 bs
You will rub with 16x8 rims with 4.5" BS on a unlifted KJ running 245/70's,that's just like adding the 1 1/2" spacers to your OEM rims.If you want to run 245/70's stick to the OEM rims,or you'll have to live with some major rubbing that will ruin your tires.Now if you go with 16x7 rims and 235/70 tires you'll be much better off.

It's up to you on how much rubbing you can stand and how often you want to change your tires.

Latest posts

Members online