CRD upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wlrkiller

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my KJ CRD (turbo upgrades/intercooler). I am have no luck finding parts. I have even gone as far as to look for comperable parts at a Mercedes site, because I heard that the KJ CRD was desingned by Mercedes. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Please no smart ass comments. If you cannot help then don't bother commenting. Thx

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id say a chip would be the easiest way. Those things can get crazy amounts of torque and hp from a diesel... If only I had a diesel... :-s

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Id say a chip would be the easiest way. Those things can get crazy amounts of torque and hp from a diesel... If only I had a diesel... :-s

I hear ya. I too wish I had a CRD.

*Edit: Oh and dont worry about smart ass comments. This website and LOST are some of the friendliest forums I've ever been on. If anyone here can help, they will be more than willing. I've learned this from experience.

Barry

Reaction score
4wlrkiller
Painless Performance has a Power Module that will be coming on the market very soon. I've been Beta testing one for a little while and it seems to help a lot. Lots of power on the advanced setting and good fuel economy when set in the FE range.

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In france we could modify power and torque of our CRD with a new shipset.

the original one should be: 163 horsepower and 400 Nm
and the new ship upgrade the CRD to 200 Horsepower and 520 or 540 Nm (lack od memory for that point); they said that there's also fuel economy with the ship.

never try for the moment but .......... (whistle)

the manufacturer seems to be " indiancars"
the website should be "indiancars.fr"

regards

4wlrkiller

Reaction score
Rob Story @ Edge performance products hasn't responded to my e-mail enquiry about the DC warranty being voided by their product, does anyone know if their chips would void my warranty?

Barry

Reaction score
4wlrkiller said:
Rob Story @ Edge performance products hasn't responded to my e-mail enquiry about the DC warranty being voided by their product, does anyone know if their chips would void my warranty?
I can't say for sure with your Dealer. However, with the POS Dealer I've been using, they'd deny the warranty in a heart-beat. Hell, they're refusing to do any of the TSB's that DB recommends.

Barry

Reaction score
4wlrkiller
As I stated in an earlier post, I've been Beta testing the new Module that Painless Performance is starting to market. I asked the same question about how this Mod. would affect my warranty. They told me that I'd probably be better off if I disconnected and removed the Mod. before I took in to the dealer. Even though this Mod doesn't exceed any of the factory parameters, they (Painless) felt it would be better if the unit was removed. No problem there, because this Mod leaves no foot print and takes less than 10 minutes to disconnect.

Members online

No members online now.