Cracking Fog Light Lenses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seldom use my fogs. It would be interesting to see how often those that are experiencing cracks use theirs.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I now have BOTH fog lenses CRACKED!!

I would like the dealer to fix them free of charge but thats gonna be a day-long event at the least. What are we to do??

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my fogs more than the headlamps. Since the dealer replaced mine they have been OK thus far. If I had the Renegade style fogs that mount on top of the bumper like that, and my Jeep was out of warranty, I would just replace the factory fogs with aftermarket ones that are decent quality and be done with it.

Grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's 97 CRV had a headlight go the other day, So I wound up at WalMart buying Silverstars for the CRV and for my 06 Sport KJ. Changed the headlights no problem (actually I cracked the plastic casing on one plug on the CRV, but nothing too serious a little latex couldn't cover)
The CRV is a pita for changing the headlamps. The Liberty was a lot easier, not sure how they have it so the bulb winds up in the right position, but it they went right in and snapped in so the top is in the right position... pretty smooth.

enough rambling....

I also bought bulbs for my fog lights and was looking for a post on how they install...... now I question if I should change them.... too hot? This is an old thread did DC change the Foglights so they don't crack anymore?

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine have yet to do it and we've been really cold here. Knock on wood!!

Do all of you (who have cracked lenses) have garages?? I do...maybe keeping it for a long time in cold temps does this?