Couple of Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carterdea

Reaction score
Hello,

I am having my friends do speaker and amp install in a couple of days, and I have a couple of questions, is there anything special we need to do when taking off the door panels? And what about the dash (to get to the tweeters)?

Also, what would you suggest as to keeping my stock wires or replacing them?

And how do I trick my deck into thinking that I'm in park? (to make video work)

And lastly, If I have fog lights, and I don't want them, is there a way to take them off and make it look good?

thanks

carterdea

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the only thing I have any experience with is the door panels. Just dont start yanking on em, be careful not to break the clips. But, you have to pull kinda hard to get em off...it's sort of a fine line between breaking clips and getting the panel off.

carterdea

Reaction score
06Liberty said:
Well, the only thing I have any experience with is the door panels. Just dont start yanking on em, be careful not to break the clips. But, you have to pull kinda hard to get em off...it's sort of a fine line between breaking clips and getting the panel off.

Thanks, that helps, but What would happen if I were to accidentally break the clips?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can go to autozone and they shoud have em, or we have an ace hardware here that has all kinds of clips like that you can buy for real cheap. If not, they should have something close enough at just about any auto parts store.

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
carterdea said:
Hello,

I am having my friends do speaker and amp install in a couple of days, and I have a couple of questions, is there anything special we need to do when taking off the door panels? And what about the dash (to get to the tweeters)?

Also, what would you suggest as to keeping my stock wires or replacing them?

And how do I trick my deck into thinking that I'm in park? (to make video work)

And lastly, If I have fog lights, and I don't want them, is there a way to take them off and make it look good?

thanks

carterdea

Whay kind of video deck are you using?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sqliberty said:
carterdea said:

Although it is illegal to watch while driving and I don't recommend it, if you want to do this for car shows or something you should be able to take the wire that goes to the brake and ground it.
Technically, your suppose to attach it to the emergency brake, so that it will only turn on when the emergency brake is set. But thats technically (whistle)

carterdea

Reaction score
i don't plan on watching TV or movies while driving, so don't worry. i thought it would be cool to use it for music videos and such while driving, just to show off I guess.