Couple of pics of my lil stormtrooper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a couple of my '05 Libby. He's a stormtrooper theme in progress. Is that corny? Am I a Fanboy? Who knows? Who cares? Its just a fun thing I always wanted to do since I got my wife a '98 white Grand Cherokee. I always thought: "Hey, it'd look kinda kewl if I tweaked this and that and made it look like a trooper vehicle". Aw well, wives are funnee about things like that...soooo I waited till I got my own. Now I'm sure some of you think I'm a bit nutz for doing this and thats ok. You'll notice I have a black grille instead of the chrome one. I've never been a fan of blingy stuff unless yer talkin' Escalade or such but if I want lotsa chrome, I figure I'll get a '59 Caddy. I'm painting over the chrome side moldings once I get 'em off. Heehee...I can feel some of you cringing...yep..he's nutz alright! Anyway..here's a pic or 2, forgive the bugs on him...I can't wash him right now cuz I'm doing some touchup to the grille and the luggage rails I painted need to cure also. Any constructive feedback is welcomed.

UPDATE: Well..I've made a few changes. I took off the black grille and replaced it with a stone white one. So here are some new pics of mah babee.

You must be registered for see images attach

2003KJ

Reaction score
Well thats definately one of a kind! Something to be very proud of!

I like it, especially considering you have the spare tire cover I want VERY badly, my poor american flag is pretty much white all over!

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. My wife thinks its ugly but I just wanted something different that stands out from the crowd. Its not hard to find in a parking lot. Heck, this past saturday, I even spotted it in the parking lot from the Eiffel tower at Kings Island. LOL. \:D/

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thats pretty sweet, never seen a KJ look like that. I think it looks sharp.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice; a true original.

How about painting the roof rails black? Maybe even the Jeep badges, too.

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. Hmmmmm...I hadn't thought about painting the badges...have to give that some thought. I flipflopped whether to paint the roof rails white or black, but , in the end, I just liked the white better. Yeah...now I'm torn over what color to paint the wheels if I do.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The white roof rails are fine. I was just thinking there's a lot of white on the Jeep; maybe add a little more black here and there.

So, ...Halloween is coming up soon. Are you ready to ride down the street with your Stormtrooper outfit on? (that would really advertise/promote your Libby's theme)

(biggthumpup)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
looks good..i like the black grille
kinda looks like the freedom and rocky mtn editions of before....
(painted grille)

u should get custom badging.....
Jeep Liberty Dark Side Edition....loL

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice. Just needs some clear blinkers up front, and you're set. Now you just have to wait for them to MAKE clear turn signals. Done anything to the interior, yet? I'm curious what a libby would look like with black leather seats...

Custom emblems here: www.youremblem.com, I got one on my jeep, they are high quality. Or you can get some of those hoodline stickers popular on the lost board:
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2115 (cept instead of putting "RENEGADE" you can put "REPUBLIC" or something similar :p )

I like it without having to be called "storm trooper". It's a good color scheme and stands out without being too geeky. Putting the stickers/emblems on *could* make it a target :p

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
you can shorten it, and just put DS Edition..or something...
LoL

yeah....now that 7 mentioned it..any plans for the interior

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was on Ebay last nite looking for clears! LOL! Ya'd think they'd have 'em for the '05's by now. As for the interior, I installed the Wetsuit seat covers..they are black and boyee are they a b*tch to put on. Well, The actual covers aren't too bad, but the headrest covers are a real bear to slip on. I ripped one while doing it and I about freaked. These covers are 325.00 retail but I get a 25% employee discount on parts and accessories 6 times a year. I took them back to the parts counter at my dealership and thank god, the guys there ordered a new set and swapped out a good headrest cover for the bad one and sent THAT set back as defective. I thought about changing the silver dash and console bezels from silver to white but thats on the backburner for now. Right now I'm in the process of painting the chrome side moldings. I've got pics and I was thinking about putting a "how to" together for removing the moldings.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! The beauty of your Lib is that you notice it's different from normal Libs at first, but it's not over done and the colors contrast very well so it's not ugly. Although without mentioning Stormtrooper, you might not put it together. But that's the great part, I can easily see you at a Jeep show in the future with as little as a Stormtrooper toy on the dash and that's all it would take to make people understand! Once the reference is set, you've got a winner!

Keep us updated!

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You read my mind Atlantic. I've got a stormtrooper action figure I'm going to hang from the rearview. nana.gif

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually kind of like it. It looks better than the crome to me.

Jc03Kj

Reaction score

just need to stick one on the dash..

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now thats a kewt clone trooper. I'll be posting revised pics of my KJ once I get him washed. He's been getting dusty dirty while I've painted and removed various things. I thought I'd mention I ordered and got my KJcountry.com sticker the other day and was in a tizzie about where to put it. I 've got plans for the windshield area so that was out. Anyway, here's my solution..bad spot...or not?