could this screw up a transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when the tow truck driver towed my wifes jeep, i couldnt remember how to set the ****** and transfer case for towing. we put the transfer in 2wd and the ****** in "N", it was towed about 5 miles to the body shop. front tires up and cradled, back tires on the ground. is it screwed?

hers is an 02

i looked in my 06 manual and can see how this was way wrong.(blarg) can 5 miles kill the ****** or is it still OK? it was full of new synthetic fluid if that helps, i know this for sure.

since the pump wasnt pumping as the engine was off, is it fried?

transfer case 2wd
transmission "N"
5 mile tow
(blarg):confused:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine,the ****** in "N" and t-case in "N" is more for flat towing(like behind a motorhome).As long as you had the ****** in "N" for the tow with the front wheels up and the t-case in 2wd you'll be just fine.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine,the ****** in "N" and t-case in "N" is more for flat towing(like behind a motorhome).As long as you had the ****** in "N" for the tow with the front wheels up and the t-case in 2wd you'll be just fine.

:) YES!

thanks man i figured you would know if any one did.

the damage is right on the line of being totaled out. i hope they just fix it since i know exactly what its been through for the last 3-4 years. the only thing good about a total lose would be the bank note being paid off, but i really dont want to go hunting for another liberty right now in any circumstance, and finding a good one at that.

wheeew what a relief. :)