Coolant leaking engine 3.7 L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWELiberty

Reaction score
Hi "Sweden need help" I have a JEEP KJ 2005 3.7 L engine has previously changed the radiator and water pump.
But yesterday I got a coolant leak on the left side of the engine (driver side) I have had to refill the coolant sometimes (small amounts). There is no "water" in the engine oil. See attached photos and the link with a short video.
SWELiberty
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• JEEP1.jpg
    JEEP1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 8
  • JEEP2.jpg
    JEEP2.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 8
  • JEEP3.jpg
    JEEP3.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 8

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Upper radiator hose? Double check WP and radiator. things can get blown around and drip onto a different side than they originated.

SWELiberty

Reaction score
Upper radiator hose? Double check WP and radiator. things can get blown around and drip onto a different side than they originated.
I have already checked "all" the hoses to and from the radiator.
Also the water pump and temperature sensor.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radiator drain ditting perhaps? Also maybe where the plastic meets the metal center core of the radiator, this will cause a leak but not come from the hoses.

SWELiberty

Reaction score
The radiator drain ditting perhaps? Also maybe where the plastic meets the metal center core of the radiator, this will cause a leak but not come from the hoses.
No not from drain plug. The coolant comes from the engine. The radiator checked water pump is checked temperature sensor is checked. The hoses are checked There is no moisture on these. devices. Watch the video coming from above a heat shield? For manifolds? Does anyone know if there is a freeze plug on the engine block?

SWELiberty

Reaction score
Does anyone have a "drawing" picture of where they are sitting? Experience of how to change if that is what is wrong?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this may help:
Here is the factory manual for your 05 http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2005JeepKJServiceManual.pdf
Known as Cylinder head Block Drain (not freeze or frost plug)
If you have a block heater installed also check to make sure it is not leaking from there.
The block heater uses the front mounted block drain and has electrical wires coming out of it.
You must be registered for see images attach

SWELiberty

Reaction score
Hope this may help:
Here is the factory manual for your 05 http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2005JeepKJServiceManual.pdf
Hope this may help:
If you have a block heater installed also check to make sure it is not leaking from there.
The block heater uses the front mounted block drain and has electrical wires coming out of it.

THANKS! You are a "hero" I have been searching for this information. Have been a bit "disappointed";)
as I tried to be as clear as possible with the description of the error and attached both pictures and a video.
To rule out other causes, what could be the cause of the cooling system leaking.
So again a big thank you for this information.
Rgds

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When system is completely cold, & in a quiet area...
A pressure test (may be able to rent the recovery tank kit tester) and listen for air../view potential leak source may help you.

Latest posts

Members online