Confirmation of TPMS Present

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ģood day all,
I just bought a set of wheels from an '04 off of CL. They have tires that I don't want and I am planning on having a shop unmount them. I would like the sensors for resale if they are there. Anyway I can tell they are installed? Otherwise, I'll have to take the technicians word....not that I am untrusting but I went for cheapest price in looking for the tire removal.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ģood day all,
I just bought a set of wheels from an '04 off of CL. They have tires that I don't want and I am planning on having a shop unmount them. I would like the sensors for resale if they are there. Anyway I can tell they are installed? Otherwise, I'll have to take the technicians word....not that I am untrusting but I went for cheapest price in looking for the tire removal.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TPMs have aluminum stems and caps with moisture sealing o rings. Non TPMs or just plain tire stems are usually rubber with a brass stem. You should be able to tell easily by looking at them but you could have the tire shop confirm.

An 04 TPM is probably not worth anything because the battery life is normally up by now since they are 12 years old. Also in 04 they had to be trained with a tool and Jeep changed the TPMs in 05 anyway so 05+ TPMs didn't have to be trained any more.

Dave